More gun madness in the USA..

Its part of their culture to own guns, it would be like telling us that we shouldn't have larger :)

Shouldn't have a larger what?

I don't know where I read it, but I did. However, I just read something about Shefield gangs are doing a bunch of shooting in the Guardian, more in the time span than Hartord. Thats good enough for me for now. Paradise is not where you are , much as you go on. Don't bother me with any more garbage, its getting old.

From here - http://www.ct.gov/oca/lib/oca/12_Years_of_Child_Gun_Deaths_and_Injuries_in_Connecticut_Jan__2013_with_charts_in_publisher.pdf

In Connecticut, between January 1, 2001 and December 31, 2012 (a 12 year period),

94 children died from gunshot wounds. During that period 924 children were injured by guns.

The total number of deaths involving firearms for the same period in Sheffield? Can't find any number for it, but I'd reckon it'd be less than 20, maybe a dozen or so.

Aren't you shocked and ashamed by those numbers?

Shouldn't have a larger what?

:hihi: thanks, I meant lager :P

Why humble? I seem to be talking to people who live in a society where more and more guns are being used in criminal activities. Yes, i'm talking about the UK.

I'm going to have to trouble you to prove that assertion please, considering the data I'm looking at show gun crime on it;s way down..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

It's Wikipedia, and it's not exactly what you asked for. But in 2010, there were 0.25 gun deaths per 100,000 people in the UK. In 2011 the equivalent figure for the US was 10.3.

For homicide shootings, the figures are 0.04 (UK) and 3.6 (USA).

The Dumblane shootings were nearly 20 years ago. Since then the only gun related massacre in the UK was the Cumbria shootings a couple of years ago.

Here is a list of school shootings in the USA: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_shootings_in_the_United_States#2010s

Thanks, Mmmm I did not realise the problem was so big, still as they have more guns per person than anyone in the world then I'm sure the figures are not as great in regards the amount of every day use of guns that don't end in harm or injury.

Look America is a big place so it is going to have more nutters than here in the UK, I wonder what the per head gun crime figure are from the US and the UK ?

And also the knife crime stats of the same ?

Its part of their culture to own guns, it would be like telling us that we shouldn't have larger :)

Are you saying that size does matter? ;)

ahhh don't tell cressida :P

oh ok

*gets coat*

Only the size of my lager :P

Only the size of my lager :P

Lager?...Yeeuucchh!

Real ale and wine man myself! Each to his own though...be a very odd world if we all liked the same thing.

I'm going to have to trouble you to prove that assertion please, considering the data I'm looking at show gun crime on it;s way down..

Statistics vary as always but the main thing is that there is an increasing tendency to commit crimes using guns. Open borders between the UK and the contienent make it possible to bring in weapons on large freight trucks arriving from Europe. The payoffs are probably quite good if a driver is tempted and HM Customs cannot personally inspect the contents of every big freight trailer either.

Statistics vary as always...<snip irrelevant verbiage>.

Could you provide evidence? You know - actual numbers? Or are you just going to do a Buck and say things and never provide any proof?