Sheffield Cycling on the increase

Only seen one person pushing bike uphill today, nothing else, no other cyclist so far today.

Only seen one person pushing bike uphill today, nothing else, no other cyclist so far today.

Which proves what - that you've been indoors sheltering? I'll be out in about 10 minutes

DOn't bother posting then

So if cycling is a mugs game because someone is cut up by a car, isn't driving also a mugs game? Similar things happen whilst driving.

Hi, TimmyR - do you want me to not bother posting, or to answer your question? You seem confused.

I took the tram (replacement bus) due to the terrible afternoon weather.

I cycled to work and back, no sweat. Left home around 07:30, got back home 21:30, I saw loads of cyclists on the way to work, the cycle shed at work was quite full. So what's your point?

In fact we had a thread about exactly that situation on London Road or Bramall Lane (can't remember which) just about 3 weeks ago.

And amazingly, there was a witness arguing that the cyclist was at fault and the van that had turned across him was not.

Twice in the last couple of weeks I have seen stupidly dangerous driving justified by "I was indicating" - Therefore they could pull out in front of passing cars or therefore they can drive on wrong side of road taking out anyone driving/riding there.

---------- Post added 10-08-2014 at 11:12 ----------

I cycled to work and back, no sweat. Left home around 07:30, got back home 21:30, I saw loads of cyclists on the way to work, the cycle shed at work was quite full. So what's your point?
Dutch doesn't have a point, he usually just posts a load of ignorant/made up nonsense.

Not interested in useless points. Every moment and place is unique and to see that mystery it is better to just mention what you see with your own eyes from day to day.

So far Sheffield is not getting any flatter and cycling is still something rather immature and undeveloped in Sheffield.

Sheffield is beautiful but it is not made for casual social cycling for day to day purposes.

For example.....

Not interested in useless points. Every moment and place is unique and to see that mystery it is better to just mention what you see with your own eyes from day to day.

So far Sheffield is not getting any flatter and cycling is still something rather immature and undeveloped in Sheffield.

Sheffield is beautiful but it is not made for casual social cycling for day to day purposes.

That'll come as a surprise to those of us who do just that.

Twice in the last couple of weeks I have seen stupidly dangerous driving justified by "I was indicating"

Don't you know that rule? It's on the same page of the Highway Code as "You can park absolutely anywhere if you put your hazard lights on." ;)

Places like Bristol got dutch engineers to come and assist make it more suitable for cycling.

Sheffield is still so immature it thinks painting a line on the road turns it into a cycle path. There are no specific traffic lights for cyclist in Sheffield. Until these proper cycling paths with individual unique cycling lights are there it will only be hanging around a bit in the cycling world.

Places like Bristol got dutch engineers to come and assist make it more suitable for cycling.

Sheffield is still so immature it thinks painting a line on the road turns it into a cycle path. There are no specific traffic lights for cyclist in Sheffield. Until these proper cycling paths with individual unique cycling lights are there it will only be hanging around a bit in the cycling world.

Well if you want to help make this happen please join Cycle Sheffield and get involved in our active local campaigning. We will only get change if enough people show that they want it.

Well if you want to help make this happen please join Cycle Sheffield and get involved in our active local campaigning. We will only get change if enough people show that they want it.
God no. Dutch is a troll.