Are there any wild rabbits in Sheffield that I can go and watch?

This is not a thread about wanting to hunt or eat rabbits, before anyone says it is.

I'm just interested in nature and was wondering if there's anywhere near Hunter's Bar/Sharrow Lane where wild rabbits live? I've spotted a few near Meadowhall, but that's a bit of a trek.

I would have thought that Endcliffe Park of Sheffield Cemetery were likely candidates, but haven't spotted any evidence.

Thanks!

still a bit of a trek but ive seen loads nr the new kfc just past dunelm mills on the verges opposite the dual carriage way just close to the chines restuarant dynasty,and also at red myes dam just thro lodge moor.

---------- Post added 26-03-2014 at 15:50 ----------

sorry its canklow nr rotherham way

We sat and watched some around the back of the Beres factory shop on Herries Road the other day, and they looked very happy and healthy, eating and grooming each other in broad daylight, completely unbothered by the fact that there were humans and moving vehicles around. They didn't look ill either, in case anybody asks.

There are also plentiful rabbits on Loxley Common, if you fancy a trek out that direction, and there are loads of them around where my OH works at Lightwood, near Norton.

Have you tried heading up Mayfield Valley or to Limb Valley? There are usually rabbits up that way, however, you have to be there at the right time of day.

Seen one Blackburn meadows nature reserve last week.

Whirlow Farm if you access it via Thryft House drive near the residential barn entrance, there are often some rabbits during the day in the first field on the left. No babies yet though.

Not sure if they're still there but some used to live in front of hillsborough leisure centre. If you're interested then recently on the canal between meadowhall and rotherham I have seen weasels, kingfishers, and at least one otter. Usually need to be out there before 8 am though.

They seem to be everywhere ..or is it just me that has an eye for spotting them.

Just sit down near Meadowhall rail and bus station, you always see them in the day time.

If your after supper though they may get you on camera :D

There's loads on Redmires Road on the Yorks Water land just below Redmire lower reservoir