Karrimor Hiking Boots

Hello, I already have a leather pair of boots linked here:

http://www.altberg.co.uk/stockist-product/the-tethera-mens-boot/

I am also looking for a lighter material pair for summer/city walking and like the look of these, they fit really nice in store:

http://store.karrimor.com/karrimor-ksb-transit-mens-walking-boots-182448?colcode=18244803

Was wondering what the score is on Karrimor boots as I believe that Sports Direct owns the brand now.

I have a pair of meindl boots and a pair of meindl walking shoes they are great for comfort.

For what you're wanting them for then I would recommend THESE

If you ask I'm sure you will get a bit of discount too.

All i'll say is that if you buy anything from sports direct you'll get zero in way of customer service if anything goes wrong. They really are truly terrible to deal with.

In my opinion, Karrimor have gone WAY downhill.

They used to be cheap and cheerful boots that did what you'd expect of them. However, the last couple of pairs both myself and my other half bought were dire - leaked like a sieve from day one (even just walking through damp grass), the insoles came adrift on all four pairs too and had to be glued down, then after only a couple of months of light use they fell apart at the seams and had to be thrown in the bin.

I'll admit they were cheap but they weren't even remotely worth the price paid.

Since then I spent a little more (and I mean only around £20 more) and got a pair of Merrells and I am SO impressed. They've been extremely comfortable, warm but not sweaty, dry as a bone even over the last wet winter (I've worn them through mud, streams, beaches you name it), and are wearing well even though I use them daily.

I will definitely be sticking with Merrells now and giving anything from Karrimor a very wide berth!

Stay well clear of Karrimor, as the poster above says - the quality - which never used to be that high, has plummeted over the last 5-10 years.

Stay well clear of Karrimor, as the poster above says - the quality - which never used to be that high, has plummeted over the last 5-10 years.

Indeed. The real Karrimor company ran into problems a good while back, and the name "Karrimor" has been sold on and is now being used to market much cheaper lower-quality stuff by Sports Direct. Hopefully when everybody realises that the brand isn't what it used to be and stops buying the stuff, it'll quietly die a death.

I have a pair of meindl boots and a pair of meindl walking shoes they are great for comfort.

On my second pair of Meindl boots,the first pair are still good winter boots.

They are very light but strong and very good quality.

Particularly if you have wider feet.

As with most boots an upgrade of the insole is a good move though for comfort.

Would not even go near a sports direct store dreadful company and big abusers of 0 hour contracts for staff.

These also get my vote. :)

I had a pair of leather waterproof ones about a year ago. Or not waterproof ones as I quickly found out. Fell apart inside 6 months & I didn't even do any serious walking in them, just taking the dog up the TPT. I now have a canvas pair which were given to me & they're just as bad, they won't last the summer out. I'm saving my pennies for a good pair of boots, which without any shadow of a doubt will not say karrimor up the side.

I have been using the Meindel hiking boots, so far they have been a great choice

Unfortunately I bought a pair of Karrimor walking boots a couple of years ago. They are rubbish.