Bus Fare Rises From 30th March 2014

I was on the 52 route yesterday, and had quite a few passengers complaining that stagecoach would not accept the first optio tickets, and were told to wait for a first bus, these should be honoured by both companies until expiry. If you get refused travel because of this, make a complaint, as you still have the right to travel on both first and stagecoach until it runs out

"Personally i don't think these rises are bad, not going up by much really, but with the rising costs they are necessary."

So, nearly 4.00 to go to town return!, the thing is, the chancellor keeps saying costs are coming down, inflation is lower due to lower petrol prices, I think these rises are very dubious

"Personally i don't think these rises are bad, not going up by much really, but with the rising costs they are necessary."

So, nearly 4.00 to go to town return!, the thing is, the chancellor keeps saying costs are coming down, inflation is lower due to lower petrol prices, I think these rises are very dubious

Inflation is still with us but the rate of inflation is going down. Until the rate of inflation is 0 or negative then prices overall will still be rising month on month, year on year and are outstripping any increase in wages.

I lived in London for 30yrs and used LT everyday. London transport prices will make your head spin.Prices continue to rises and will never stop rising- it's the nature of the system.

Way back.

Quite a few people started a campaign called," Can't Pay-Won't Pay.

If you have a ticket- like the one described by Vizzbucks-refuse to get off the bus.

What is to be done? Take the public transport system back into public ownership.

My son has a learning disability and attends college.

He has a disability travel pass and has been told to pay full fare this morning before 9.30 am!!!

We knew nothing about this and it has caused much distress for him today:rant:

He has a disability travel pass and has been told to pay full fare this morning before 9.30 am!!!

It's been advertised on a large poster both on buses and at interchanges for about 3 months now.

---------- Post added 31-03-2014 at 16:45 ----------

BTW. Just wait, in 3 months time. First will change the services again, making it worse still. The excuse will be that they can't afford it.

There was a huge thread on here about it as well.

It's alright putting up posters and updating the website but no-one seems to have told the drivers.

On the 52 (Stagecoach) I was told they would not be accepting each other's weekly passes as they had been told not to by the garage. I checked this with Stagecoach and they confirmed that I was correct and, yes, both companies will accept each other's weekly bus only passes on Optio routes.

Then on the way home when I showed the Optio pass (mine ran out today) the Stagecoach driver just held his hands up and shook his head. I was quite miffed off by now and I pointed out that he had to honour it as it was paid for. I was quite assertive and probably looked a bit scary by now :mad: 'cos he let me on. It's not their fault - they clearly haven't had the whole farce explained to them.

I lived in London for 30yrs and used LT everyday. London transport prices will make your head spin.Prices continue to rises and will never stop rising- it's the nature of the system.

London bus prices are great - £1.45 single fare for any journey, which on some routes can be many miles, or £20 for a weekly pass vaild on any London bus.

Here in Hertfordshire I paid £3.40 for a three mile single trip. And I couldn't buy a return because the bus coming home was operated by a different company, and there are no valid interchangeable tickets. And the buses on my route only run every two hours now. I know Sheffield's not perfect but you're way better off than my part of the world when it comes to bus services!

£1 for a childs fare is ridiculous!

I thought it was still 70p for a single (mind you, when I were a lad it were 5p!)

The new child day/week tickets seem good value though if the kids use the bus a lot.