Donetsk Way - What now?

And an Alma street.

And I always thought it was named after Alma Cogan but then I was around I the 60's

Ah well,I was around in the 30s.:hihi:

How does naming a road after a city in Ukraine, a city that isnt in the Crimean part of Ukraine, support a "mad man"?

Anyone? :huh:

Thanks morrisminor, I am well aware of our exploits in the Crimea, it was intended to be a joke but it seems it failed.

---------- Post added 25-03-2014 at 10:16 ----------

It seems that in Donetsk some of the pro Russian inhabitants what to break away too. Also some of the others want to be British! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-26716281

It could be a fast moving game, after all Hitler only invaded Sudetenland to protect the ethnic Germans.

Edited by Blackbeard

It was named long before Putin came along. In fact it was named during the era of the USSR. I think they were baddies too but at least we were trying to influence them and maybe give a bit of a leg up to the citizens. Now that the Eastern zone of Ukraine (including Donetsk) has got a lot of baddies who side with the main baddy (Putin) it makes sense for the Council to change the name. The last thing we need is to be bombed by Russia for trying to claim Donetsk or anywhere else. It'd be exactly the same if a baddy took control of Germany. We'd need to cut links with Bochum. Luckily they've got that nice woman you sometimes see on the news.

call it Clegg way then we can flytip there

Just remembered that the Fat Cat pub at Kelham used to be called the Alma Hotel, good job they changed the name.

It was named long before Putin came along. In fact it was named during the era of the USSR. I think they were baddies too but at least we were trying to influence them and maybe give a bit of a leg up to the citizens. Now that the Eastern zone of Ukraine (including Donetsk) has got a lot of baddies who side with the main baddy (Putin) it makes sense for the Council to change the name. The last thing we need is to be bombed by Russia for trying to claim Donetsk or anywhere else. It'd be exactly the same if a baddy took control of Germany. We'd need to cut links with Bochum. Luckily they've got that nice woman you sometimes see on the news.

I think it is up to the Welsh to sort that lot out because it was one of their clan (John Hughes)that founded Donetsk(Yusovka).

Please do a little research before you post, the tram was not sold for a penny. The infrastructure is owned by SYPTE and the system operator is Stagecoach. The original system operator was bought by Stagecoach in 1997 for £1.15 million. So tram £1.15 million lane could be more appropriate.

Sorry just quoting a star headline as my anorak went to oxfam shop.

think people are worried we may get invaded lol

Pennine Foods just off Donesk Way got invaded about 15 years ago. So, maybe a good chance it could happen again.:hihi: