Harrison's bar. Opinions wanted

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has hired out Harrison's bar (on Regent terrace, in town) for a function. I like the look of it & I'm considering hiring it out for a party. Would anyone recommend it?

Thanks.

Didn't even know it was still open!

Was decent a few years ago, but went for the food crowd and didn't really take off. I haven't heard talk of it since.

Havent been in for a function, but a mate DJs there once a month, and weve been in to see him and its been alright.

We hired it for our enagement party a couple of years ago. It was absolutely fine. Good to get an interesting space in the middle of town but just off the beaten track.

Went to a friend's 30th birthday party there a couple of months ago, was all good.

lovely little bar. We played a gig there last month, they're trying to make live music a regular thing mid week

Harrison's Bar is a decent place, I've used their function room to put gigs on and there have been a number of parties in there as well. The bar staff are friendly and drinks are fantastic. Definitely worth checking out.

A lovely haven from the crazyness of West Street. Great cocktails and friendly staff. If it is still the same owners, they are descendants of the building name. They were lovely too.

A lovely haven from the crazyness of West Street. Great cocktails and friendly staff. If it is still the same owners, they are descendants of the building name. They were lovely too.

The Harrison's are still there :-)

Guest makapaka

Harrisons is a nice bar, for a time there was a great bar manager there and there were a few early bar regulars which made it a friendly place to go.

I think they've lost a bit of that recently but the new bar manager is a decent kid.

The only problem I have is that the last two saturdays we've tried to go in at 7/8 ish and there were private party's on so we weren't allowed in. I know that's going to form part of the pubs trade but it would be good if they kept an area free for normal punters until maybe 10/11 ish. I just think people will assume they'll not get in on a saturday and avoid it which won't help the place if they haven't got a party on.

Haven't been for a while but always found there was a bit of a weird vibe in there, and there are better places in that area. If it's got a new manager then I might give it another try. It's a nice bar in a nice spot and so could be good in the right hands.

It struggled when it first opened due to the combination of very expensive drinks and being off the beaten path. The new management are more sensible and now drinks in line with usual Division/West Street prices it's getting decent custom.