Round Sheffield Run - New Multi Stage Trail Race

Pete we are including this in the list of marshalling duties - each stage will be patrolled and dog walkers will be advised to keep their dogs on a lead. (Obviously this cannot be 100% guaranteed). But I'm with you on that one - not a huge fan of dogs off the lead when running.

---------- Post added 10-04-2014 at 21:05 ----------

Early Bird Entries end this Sunday (13th April) - http://www.roundsheffieldrun.com

Edited by Banksy

Just 6 weeks to go!

I opted for the Trail Rush and aim for 3 Lakes in June. I might tag along on the Round as practise though if the weather is ok.

Pete we are including this in the list of marshalling duties - each stage will be patrolled and dog walkers will be advised to keep their dogs on a lead. (Obviously this cannot be 100% guaranteed). But I'm with you on that one - not a huge fan of dogs off the lead when running.

Only well-behaved dogs on the route today, so the marshalls did their job well! No problem with the heat either...

A well-organized little race, and I look forward to doing it again next year. Perhaps there will be age categories included to give us oldies something to run for?

really great race, brilliantly organised! Looking forward to next year already.

Enjoyed the run today, well marshalled throughout and almost lost a shoooooo on stage three in the boggy bit where cows where moved from.

Will deffo do it again next year though so well done to all involved.

Enjoyed the run today, well marshalled throughout and almost lost a shoooooo on stage three in the boggy bit where cows where moved from.
Haha, that will make my girlfriend feel a bit better - she told me she lost her shoe on that exact spot.

Personally I took a spill twice, once on the soft mud at the start of the Ecclesall Woods stage and one significantly more painful landing on the slippery wooden bridge at the end of stage 8 which left my shoulder looking like it had gone 12 rounds with Luis Suarez. Well worth it though, great event and will definitely be back next year.

It looked like fun. I watched for a while at the top of the Graves section.

Haha, that will make my girlfriend feel a bit better - she told me she lost her shoe on that exact spot.

Personally I took a spill twice, once on the soft mud at the start of the Ecclesall Woods stage and one significantly more painful landing on the slippery wooden bridge at the end of stage 8 which left my shoulder looking like it had gone 12 rounds with Luis Suarez. Well worth it though, great event and will definitely be back next year.

We saw a tallish guy with mud all down oneside and a grazed shoulder (right side).

Hope the shoulder is feeling a tad better :)

Pics are now online too http://www.summitfever.co.uk/gallery.php?mode=gallery&id=152&page=1

We saw a tallish guy with mud all down oneside and a grazed shoulder (right side).

Hope the shoulder is feeling a tad better :)

Pics are now online too http://www.summitfever.co.uk/gallery.php?mode=gallery&id=152&page=1

Yup, that will have been me! If we spoke on the course, hello again! Shoulder will be fine thanks :-)

Some great pics there, cheers for the link.

It was great. well organised, well run and the guys and girls on the course were spot on.

I'll do it again.

Great that so many people have had kind words to say about the event. It took the team many many hours putting it all together! :-) if you go on the website http://www.roundsheffieldrun.com you can register your interest for 2015. Cheers All!