Do you live in Stannington?

Do you live in Stannington  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you live in Stannington

I do not live in Stannington.

I like it though - isn't a mish-mash of Walkley and Hillsborough ?

Mishmash of Walkley and Hillsborough?! Um, WTF?! No mate, Stannington is an area in its own right.

IMO there are only 3 major problems with the area, 1) Unreliable bus services in upper Stannington cos First think Stannington finishes at Hall Park Head 2) Too far away from the local broadband exchange, can't get anything over 512k, and 3) Chavs on the lower estates.

and 3) Chavs on the lower estates.

My sister lives on the "lower" estates, so do a few friends - are they chavvier than certain snobs at the top of the village, Rich?

2) Too far away from the local broadband exchange, can't get anything over 512k,

If you know how to check your line stats and have SNR above 8 and an attenuation of less than 60db you will be able to get 1mb. You will need to convince BT of this though. If you have any probs have a look at http://www.adslguide.org.uk/ . I have just upgraded to 1mb and am on the Dungworth side of Stannington approx 6km from the exchange.

I don't live there and I must admit I don't actually know where it is :rolleyes: hope this helps

nope, i don't anymore, but did til last year-liberty drive, previously, I lived at Loxley for 17 years... why is this stanningtonthing so erm... important/relevant???

:huh:

My sister lives on the "lower" estates, so do a few friends - are they chavvier than certain snobs at the top of the village, Rich?

I don't live that far up, I live sort of in the middle of Stannington, between the Sportsman area and the Village.

I live in Stannington lived here for 18years!! It use to be such a nice place and now it seems to have gone a bit downhill!!All these yops walking round with there stupid beasball caps and hoods up!! Gets me soooo mad!! Y dont they get a job or make themseleves useful!! I mean how many times has hall park head park been done up by the council only to be trashed again by yops who have nothing better to do!!!:rant::huh:

Agreed ex Stannington but was driven into almost insanity by some 'neighbours' ('kids' and the lower tennant on a maisonette) Most were great but...

So nine of us and two bus drivers.

(funny, I never knew buses went up Stannington:hihi: )

So nine of us and two bus drivers.

(funny, I never knew buses went up Stannington:hihi: )

They do, just not very reliably... :rant:

we live at stannington at fairbarn

add 1% to no, it wouldnt let me vote

i love the lower stannington debate,,, just to annoy any stanningtonites, at mercury taxis, we have 2 plots, upper stannington and lower stannington, upper starts at the top of hollins lane

by the way i live at west walkley....(upperthorpe) top end (commonside)

so i guess i live at west walkley upper upperthorpe central commonside