PDF editing or coverting to Word DOC format

Hi,

I have a form in PDF format and want to edit it or convert it to Word DOC format for editing. Anyone know a program hopefully freeware or on a trial basis that can do this. I have tried a few programs and they haven't given good results.

this worked for me altho it still needed some touching up - it wasnt perfect.

http://www.pdfpdf.com/pdfconverter.html

if i remember correctly, converting to html and importing to word worked better than converting to word.

in fact, i may have been using openoffice, not word.

my memory sucks.

Thanks for the info, tried it but afraid to say the results were poor :sad:

it depends on the security settings when it was converted to .pdf.

Shift a selects all and shift c copies - paste into word but your formating is likely to be stuffed.

can;t you get hold of the original .doc file ?

I asked for the original doc file, but got emailed the pdf again :hihi: .

Anyway I have found a program called PDF editor which does a fairly good job, but unless you pay $79 you have Demo version plastered right in the middle of the edited PDF pages. A friend has sent me a copy of version 2.2 but that takes ages to edit pages as unlike version 2.4 you can't select areas to delete.

Anyway it's been a learning experience, going to have a rest now as it's been hard work :hihi: .

There's a box at the top of a pdf which you need to click on. This allows you to select the text which you can copy and paste on to a word document.

but that assumes that when it was converted to pdf the box which says something like "allow text/graphics" to be selected is checked if not - it is literally behind a glass sheet

If you have scanning software that will OCR pdf files you can possibly export to Word format. I think Omnipage Pro will do this, but you may still lose some of the formatting.

I am still looking for good options. I will look into OCR software and see what happens.

Thanks for the help.

PM me and I'll pass you my email address so you can email me the PDF and I can convert it to a Word document.

PM me and I'll pass you my email address so you can email me the PDF and I can convert it to a Word document.

Thanks for the offer but it's a bit confidential. I know the program that can do the job unfortunately it's not freeware :( .