Arthur Lee and Sons, wincobank

I think most of my family worked at Arthur Lee in Wincobank. My dad was Bill Weston who worked in the machine shop with my husband, Frank Barton. Arthur Wood was the foreman, there was Bob Wass, Ken Riley, Ted Cottingham, Tony Vernessi more we can't remember. My sister Beryl worked in the office and Franks Dad, Sid Barton worked in cold strip and Roy Barton worked in Roll Grinders. My brother Terry Weston worked in CS fitters.....I'm sure I had a bunch of other uncles, etc. there...Fred Barton, Ted Gregory-anyone remember these folk?

my uncle Laurence gabitas worked there for many years until he retired a god few yrs ago they would make crank shafts for tanks, aircraft, trucks and cars

Hi yes I remember some of the names ,Arthur Woods was a great guy lived on standon rd his wife Flo still lives there, Bob Wass left the machine shop to work with me In the bright bar dept and used to cycle home at the end of every shift via the Haynook pub. I also went to school and worked with Alan Vernessi? My father in law John (Jack ) Crosbie was head roller on FZ 1 strip plant. And Lol Gabbitas used to go in Wincobank WMC . I forget how many times we sneaked through the railings on afternoons to go to the royal oak for a pint or three. Happy days

Hi yes I remember some of the names ,Arthur Woods was a great guy lived on standon rd his wife Flo still lives there, Bob Wass left the machine shop to work with me In the bright bar dept and used to cycle home at the end of every shift via the Haynook pub. I also went to school and worked with Alan Vernessi? My father in law John (Jack ) Crosbie was head roller on FZ 1 strip plant. And Lol Gabbitas used to go in Wincobank WMC . I forget how many times we sneaked through the railings on afternoons to go to the royal oak for a pint or three. Happy days

Toni vernessi used to give my hubby a ride home and then would take me to the bus stop when I worked evenings at Bassett - saving for the airfare to emigrate to Canada! Alan vernessi went to the same school as me...Colley. What's your name?

Hi my name is Pete Hopkin, I left Colley in 1967 to become an upholsterer then entered the steel works about 1974

Hi my name is Pete Hopkin, I left Colley in 1967 to become an upholsterer then entered the steel works about 1974

I left Colley 68. You were the year ahead of me. Your name sounds familiar but I'm not sure. I was Kath Weston back then.

Hi kath it must be an age thing i can just about remember you.my friends at colley alan ashmore. Colin brown .keith barton (sadly no longer with us) .talk about sall world i see on face book you are friends with barbara foulstone( biggin) also a classmate. Ps forgive the punctuation but i can blame Colley education for that ha ja

phoppy1,Keith Barton was a good friend of mine we did the Star walk together in 1972 he worked on West st then.

Keith was my playground bodyguard (for a bisquit a day) because i was a specky four eyes

we were also in the army cadets based on Holgate ave together enjoying numerous weekends away

Keith was my playground bodyguard (for a bisquit a day) because i was a specky four eyes

we were also in the army cadets based on Holgate ave together enjoying numerous weekends away

Was Keith related to Ian Barton? He was in my class. No relation to my hubby tho.

Yes I think there were 3 brothers Stuart ,Keith ,Ian and Martin