Wheres fishing good

just wondering wheres best to go course fishing around sheffield at the moment im wanting to get back into it this year as i didnt get to go at all last year,

thanks for any recomendations

just wondering wheres best to go course fishing around sheffield at the moment im wanting to get back into it this year as i didnt get to go at all last year,

thanks for any recomendations

my advice is try as many places as you can, I got back into the sport 3 yrs ago and the first season I went wherever I could, aston ponds,ecclesfield dam, wire mill dam,loxley, the first pond at rivelin, Sheffield canal to name a few just get yourself out there and enjoy every minute lad. some days I blanked and some days I caught, but what I enjoyed most was talking to other anglers and trying out different tactics and techniques. good luck for the season

Anywhere you fish should be good. Its how you approach it and do your reasearch on it. If i have never been to a venue i use google and facebook etc to find out as much as posdible before doing my prep for the days fishing

Aston is fishing well as always.

Anywhere you fish should be good.

i agree liam_j_kelk,spot on :-)

but the rest is tripe

If i have never been to a venue i use google and facebook etc to find out as much as posdible before doing my prep for the days fishing

when i started fishing their was no google and facebook all you did need was watercraft and common sence,all fish are the same they feed,they dont feed

find out when and were they feed,also find out when and were they don't feed and you will do all reet

---------- Post added 31-03-2014 at 22:07 ----------

Aston is fishing well as always.

aston is on average 3 foot deep with 2 of those foot solid fish sheff 13,

you really need to prigress from muddy puddles ifyou are to become a proper angler

I'm "prigressing" mighty fine thanks and have no reason to become a proper angler I'm just happy to be playing without trying to impress.

Your jackanory tales are still humourous by the way lobworm.

I'm "prigressing" mighty fine thanks and have no reason to become a proper angler I'm just happy to be playing without trying to impress.

thats absolutly fine sheff 13 :-) and in a way I envey you and sometimes wish i could have been a novice instead of a natural talent,the constant questions and advice on how to catch can be very stressy at times

I'm with lobworms on this one.

I once had a 16lb 4oz grass carp out of a venue than didn't even contain any.

It's all about skill, watercraft, and imagination. :hihi:

I'm with lobworms on this one.

I once had a 16lb 4oz grass carp out of a venue than didn't even contain any.

It's all about skill, watercraft, and imagination. :hihi:

thats a desent fish megalithic,were was the vinue?

i have also come across fish that shouldnt be their,the 2007floods is the main culprit but is what makes fishing exiting in my book :-)

A pit in Wiltshire.

Can't really say more than that as it holds a few potential records. ;)

A pit in Wiltshire.

Can't really say more than that as it holds a few potential records. ;)

i think i no the one you mean if it is the same one i have fished it a few times,i agree the fish are full of spawns at the moment and are the best time to catch a record weight

good luck mate :-)