Sheffield City Council ticketing in Hillsborough

It's great to see Sheffield City Council supporting the Sport Relief event in Hillsborough Park by sending parking wardens out to ticket participants and supporters!!!!!!! Cashing in on a charity event. Well done!!

No problem with this. The Wardens will go away with all the tickets still in their machines IF people park correctly.

Cars will only be issued with a Penalty Notice if its driver has parked in an inappropriate way.

Drivers need to park legally and correctly so that they don't get a Penalty Notice and fine. It's hardly complicated. Instead of complaining just park properly

There are CEOs working from 7am to 11pm every day.

---------- Post added 23-03-2014 at 13:30 ----------

Uses to which parking income can be put are tightly specified by law. Charitable donations aren't on the approved list.

In which case then there isn't really an excuse for the parking infringements not to be reported, especially if it is guaranteed to occur on certain days and times.The CEO's could easily be sent along.

I might see if my council start work before 9 so they can come and patrol the school run.

Slightly back to front.

The powers that be are forever lecturing people about obesity and physical activity.

Yet and when events such as this pop up and the council are ticketing the people taking part.

Would have thought events like this would have been encouraged.

Slightly back to front.

The powers that be are forever lecturing people about obesity and physical activity.

Yet and when events such as this pop up and the council are ticketing the people taking part.

Yet again, no matter what reason you are parking for, you must park legally, it's the same for everyone, no exemptions whatever event you are attending.

All a CEO sees is a parked vehicle, they don't know what the driver has gone off to do.

Uses to which parking income can be put are tightly specified by law. Charitable donations aren't on the approved list.

Well, there's a big surprise! ... I bet jollies off to France on a big booze-up fact-finding mission are on the list though. Don't bother answering. :roll:

Edited by Alcoblog

Slightly back to front.

I would have thought that the people supporting this event wouldn't be bothered about parking because they would support parking a small distance away where there isn't a contravention and walk to the event so they are exercising. Not parking as close as they can not bothered about safety of other road and pedestrian users just so they can be as close as possible. Well done parking services you do a grand job

Maybe the council is ticketing people not just because they break the rules but also because the council thinks that as it's a sport event people should get of their fat arses and walk instead of driving.

So do you think that attending a charity event exempts you from parking restrictions?

If i can say this, i and many others know that certain members of Sheffield community are exempt parking restrictions, around Bramall Lane when they attend there place of worship. Also at a lot more places than the above, so why not a charity event

You are of course talking rubbish, the wardens do ticket those people but have a hard time catching them due to lookouts being posted on the streets.

But again you've mentioned places of worship to another poster not the football being an issue to you.

The schools near me are rife with bad parking,you report it,the police attend eventually a few weeks later,they give a few people on the day warnings and then it slides again.

I'm not au fait with times for the use of places worship but i would assume anything outside 9 -5 would be ignored simply because (I assume) no one pays the wardens to work.

Some of the wardens work quiet late, you would be surprised.

Edited by denomis

You are of course talking rubbish, the wardens do ticket those people but have a hard time catching them due to lookouts being posted on the streets.[color="Silver"

What do the lookouts do kidnap them, none of the cars ever get moved until they have done what they came here to do?

You are of course talking rubbish, the wardens do ticket those people but have a hard time catching them due to lookouts being posted on the streets.[color="Silver"

What do the lookouts do kidnap them, none of the cars ever get moved until they have done what they came here to do?

The cars get moved.

No problem with this. The Wardens will go away with all the tickets still in their machines IF people park correctly.

Cars will only be issued with a Penalty Notice if its driver has parked in an inappropriate way.

Drivers need to park legally and correctly so that they don't get a Penalty Notice and fine. It's hardly complicated. Instead of complaining just park properly

I saw the parking wardens coming out of the shoppers car park at the top of Hawksley Avenue - I doubt whether very many in there will have parked in a dangerous or inappropriate way. More like catching somebody who's gone a few minutes over their time and slapping them with a hefty fine, methinks.

On a daily basis I see traffic wardens ticketing cars on the side roads off Middlewood Rd. As the clearway signs end a little up the road motorists see a reasonable spot at the end of the road and park - and then get a ticket. The traffic wardens have a tendency to only ticket these offences - they don't monitor how long cars have parked on Middlewood Rd itself. They target the clearway offenders from Bamforth St right up until Middlewood Tram Stop -park on the pavement or overstay and you wont get a ticket. They just go for the easy pickings with less hassle.

Bang on and what I can not understand is how some of those signs can be 30 mitres back and some only 5.

Or should that be curb stones as per Planners explanation.

Edited by cuttsie