Ideal Mother's Day treat - spectacular choir and orchestra concert

If you're struggling to think of somewhere to take your Mum on Sunday afternoon (30th) look no further..

Chorus, your local choir, is hosting an afternoon of songs from Magical Movies, accompanied by the Sheffield Pops Orchestra at the City Hall.

The choir, made up entirely of local people, will be singing songs from classics like 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' 'The Bodyguard' 'Moulin Rouge' and 'Sister Act'.

Other notable numbers include 'I want to know what love is' 'Who wants to live forever?' and 'It's a kinda magic' and the choir will be joined on stage by West End leading lady Shona Lindsay (who played Sandy in Grease alongside John Barrowman) singing Skyfall and other hit soundtrack numbers.

Everyone welcome, but it would definitely make a memorable yet affordable treat for Mum at £10 per ticket!

Tickets for the 'Magical Movies' concert on 30 March (4pm) are on sale now via the City Hall Website sheffieldcityhall.co.uk, or the ticket sale hotline 01142 789 789. Adult tickets are priced from £10. Under 18s tickets are available over the counter with valid ID for just £5.

Sounds like an excellent idea!

I shall be bringing my Mum :)

I've thoroughly enjoyed previous 'Chorus' concerts and I will be there with my son on Sunday. Really looking forwards to it :)

I'm coming along too, and really looking forward to it! If your last concert is anything to go by I know it will be fantastic concert.

X

Indeed, I think it's an ideal present for mothers day. I shall be taking my mum :-)

For a taster of how the choir and orchestra sound see YouTube!

---------- Post added 25-03-2014 at 13:41 ----------

Here is 'Hallelujah" from our last concert!

Tickets are still on sale here http://bit.ly/NkC48y

Thanks for sharing that video, I can't believe how beautiful that song sounds :)

Really looking forward to hearing more on Sunday!!

Brilliant! Listen out for our Musical director and his Mum (an Alto in the choir) on Radio Sheffield this morning. Rony Robinson's show, after ten.

Thanks Jenni, looking forward to chatting with Rony again. :-)

:clap::clap::clap:

I am really excited and looking forward to it. I would definitely recommend Listening to and being part of this fab choir.:banana::banana::banana:

I've literally just walked in from this event.

I'm pleased to say it was a fabulous afternoon, it was absolutely superb and worth £10 of any ones money.