Dodgy blokes stopping to sell stuff from the back of their van.

I've just been stopped on the roadside by a couple of blokes in an unmarked white van, trying to sell me "a pair of speakers". I declined obviously. This is the second time in a couple of months this has happened to me, both times in the Nether Edge/Sharrow/Hunters Bar area. Anyone else encountered these guys?

Inform the police immediately.

on no account should you buy these, they are a big scam, they show you one pair of good speakers, but you finnish up with crap they are very good at it, this is an old trick but people still fall for it

It's a scam as old as the hills, I had a friend who gone done for it 15 years ago in Norfolk.

They are usually poorly made no-name speakers sold as 'Reference' or some other crap, they tell you it's a 'good deal' and try and get hundreds for something thats worth tens of pounds.

Its a really old scam.

Steven Merchant talked about the same thing about 15 years ago on The Ricky Gervais XFM show.

Have a listen.

They stopped and spoke to me at around 11am on Vincent Road, I laughed at 'em and told them I knew it was a scam. They didn't like that and one looked angry and aggressive, the other looked worried that I'd rumbled them.

Master criminals they weren't... scrawny white men about 40ish with cockney accents.:P

If your stupid enough to fall for the oldest scam in the world then I have little sympathy . ;)

Anybody who falls for that trick or even contemplates buying anything from the back of a van needs their head testing. :loopy:

theres a lot of fake 20 pound notes going about, good way to get rid of them.

They should've advertised them on the forum.

on no account should you buy these, they are a big scam, they show you one pair of good speakers, but you finnish up with crap they are very good at it, this is an old trick but people still fall for it

Like the old bottle of water in laptop case scam .

I've just been stopped on the roadside by a couple of blokes in an unmarked white van, trying to sell me "a pair of speakers". I declined obviously. This is the second time in a couple of months this has happened to me, both times in the Nether Edge/Sharrow/Hunters Bar area. Anyone else encountered these guys?

Would you like to buy some tartan paint, solar powered torch, water proof tea bags, skirting board ladder, long weight or a glass hammer? :suspect: