Frankenstein & The Monsters Group

Wasn't it Ray Stewart (Stuart?) and the Tremors? the Sheffields being another entity.

the outfit mentioned on that web-site, Frank E. Stein (and the ???) were a similar act to Ray's from the Manchester area.

Edited by stpetre
add

They once appeared at silver blades and they started to walk on the ice. Wrong thing to do at night when they slipped I think it was yhe mummy got help from the rrgilars by being dragged round the ice by his heels. ,ost of the crowd thought it was funny

Wasn't it Ray Stewart (Stuart?) and the Tremors? the Sheffields being another entity.

the outfit mentioned on that web-site, Frank E. Stein (and the ???) were a similar act to Ray's from the Manchester area.

It was Stuart, by the way. There was another one called Count Lindsay and the ????. Of course there was also Screaming Lord Sutch but he was not a Sheffielder although he played in the South Yorkshire area a lot, saw him at Rotherham and Rawmarsh baths besides Sheffield. Back on topic I remember Ray coming to Brinsworth Bop, mid 60's, I think, , as Frankenstein & the Monsters. He jumped off stage and started chasing girls around the dance floor, on his way round he charged into me and my mates who were watching at the edge of the dance area, knocking one over, that one was Pete, who I am still in touch with, and he made the mistake of laughing at him on the floor. Pete jumped all over the guy even though he was a good bit smaller than Ray. Had we not dragged Pete off of him Ray would have bee an awful mess, believe me. Liked him as a DJ on Hallam, and I was very sorry to hear of his passing over 20 years ago. He was a fairly big part of the Sheffield music scene for over 25 years

Edited by TORONTONY

It was Stuart, by the way. There was another one called Count Lindsay and the ????. Of course there was also Screaming Lord Sutch but he wasnot a Sheffielder although he played in the Sthere a lot

That's exactly who those acts copied, Screaming Lord Sutch and the Savages, and his hilarious (well, I thought so) 'Jack the Ripper' routine. Saw then a couple of times at the 'Black Cat'.

That's exactly who those acts copied, Screaming Lord Sutch and the Savages, and his hilarious (well, I thought so) 'Jack the Ripper' routine. Saw then a couple of times at the 'Black Cat'.

Yeah, used to bring him on in a coffin , if I remember correctly, l

loved " I'm a hog for you baby". I believe David Sutch( his real name) once ran for a seat in Parliament.

Yeah, used to bring him on in a coffin , if I remember correctly, l

loved " I'm a hog for you baby". I believe David Sutch( his real name) once ran for a seat in Parliament.

Yes Mr.T. the coffin, they copied that too! he ran for Parliament a few times, usually losing his deposit. 'The Monster Raving Loony Party,' maybe he was taking the p*** but seeing what they've got today, perhaps he was not so daft.

Yes Mr.T. the coffin, they copied that too! he ran for Parliament a few times, usually losing his deposit. 'The Monster Raving Loony Party,' maybe he was taking the p*** but seeing what they've got today, perhaps he was not so daft.

Totally agree on your last line, that includes politicians on both sides of "the pond".

yes I too remember being scared to death hiding in toilets at azena does anyone know if spud west is still with us,goodtimes

elizabeth48

Spud died quite a few years ago.

i'm sorry to say but i believe ray stuart died either last year or the year before.I can remember him d.jing at the heartbeat on queen's road if my memory serves me well.I also remember Pete Stringfellow having a contest at the Mojo as to was the most frightening Frankenstein and the monsters or Count Lindsay and the Skeletons another Sheffield group round about 1966!

he was once a dj at the arbourthorne hotel in the early 70s then on radio