Would you walk through Pitsmoor alone after dark.

Would you walk through Pitsmoor alone after dark.  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Would you walk through Pitsmoor alone after dark.

• I would walk through on my own.
    • I would not walk through on my own.
    • I would not even walk through in the day.
    • I have no problems walking through any time.

Nope! Infact I'm a bit wary walking anywhere after dark... Especially on my own! Eeek :help:

im not gonna beat around the bush, the place is an heap and i wouldnt be caught dead walking threw it.

No way would I walk there in the dark, when we drive past I tend to duck down in my seat....just in case anyones decided to take pot shots at cars with a gun. It's a pretty scary area.

I worked on ellesmere road for years and walked through the area at all times of day and night. I used to drink in the pubs around there, robin hood, millstone, tea gardens, east house ect and I never had a problem. Thats not to say that the area hasn't got problems but then again what inner city area hasn't

done it a few times - its not too bad. I'd be more concerned down Ecclesall Road or at Hunters Bar.

especially with the increase in muggings etc. lately.

Nope! Infact I'm a bit wary walking anywhere after dark... Especially on my own! Eeek :help:

me too :help:

I would have no problem walking down there again as i have on numerous occassions when walking back from a nightclub in the city centre.

I always call in at the chicken and chip shops on the wicker then walk it home to down town parson cross.

Now that is scarey, it's like the lebanon up on the deerlands estate/road.

Sure i've had moments when people up from the wicker will ask you for money or a cig it's no big deal.

been drinking down gower street 25 years and live at longley. walked home loads of times up burngreave road never had a problem. seen more trouble in town, eccy road, and london road.

i'm going to coventry this saturday to watch united with the pitsmoor blades back there drinking afterwards and proberbly walk up burngreave rd again.

good tip for you. yer don't feel pain when yer drunk DRINK BEER.

Worked on Carlise St in the 70s,my wife used to meet me 10pm for a drink in the Crown then she'd walk home through Wicker,wouldn't do it now.Think I would but must admit would feel a little uneasy.

pointless thread, been done before

Pointless enough for you to reply...:loopy:

I used to have a close friend living on Andover Street in Pitsmoor and regularly walked to/from their home to mine after dark. Never had any problems.

I've become more wary about walking around after dark on my own after a really scary incident happened when using a bridge to walk across the North Circular Road (Brent Cross in London) and 2 lads suddenly appeared, started taunting me with Kung Fu type antics.

That is the ONLY incident of this ilk I can recall having happened to me in a public area. I no longer use that bridge after dark and am unhappy using it during the day.

I have and have regretted it, my car was set on fire after been smashed up by some little turds, I have also seen brats from this area destroying other things and ganging up on older people. They have made there mess let them live in it, i know loads of Jamacan imagrants, especially the older ones that have been here many years and are disgraced what has happened to the area.

All the parents fault, its mostly shildren of parents that dont give a crap, are junkies or some are just twisted them selves, you also get young children from good families but they are normally hanging around and been led by the disfunctional ones.

I still go to pitsmoor but dont park in the dodgy areeas and try and avoid confrontation, you cant stick up for yourself without the threat of been stabbed frmo these people.

BEWARE some roads are better and a lot safer than others some I wouldn't think twice about walking down, others you would have to pay me, some of you are just lucky and not ran into a group of drunken yobs that would rather stab you then look at you. They especially go for 14-25 year olds on there own or in pairs that look vunerable (lets say less 'ard then them).

Pitsmoor is bad, but these people are everywhere just a higher percentage here.