Guarantee buying phone from Sheffield Forum?

i had a bad experience buying phone on this forum once with no receipt and was blocked 3 days later - when messaged seller all i got back was swear words. im now looking for samsung galaxy s4.

having learned my lesson id like to buy one with receipt, but even if you do have receipt and its gets blocked - if i was to take it to the network phone shop in meadowhall is this proof of purchase? and it would get unlocked?

it would be good advice for all of us.

Doesn't the phone belong to the company till the contract runs out ?

yeah but i mean out of contact also

To be honest i wouldn't pay that kind of money on here. You've absolutely no come backs if you're ripped off. It's just not worth the risk. Imo.

Not sure people keep receipts that long or it would do you much good. By its nature the forums and craigs list are a bit risky.

yeah thats why im thinking is the original receipt still proof of ownership if owner goes and reports it stolen/lost

but then again whose to say phone was stolen with receipt

most of the time if you get a phone on contract say if your upgrading I've never known you get a receipt, I've just had the phone arrive in the bag in the post.

No because its a ccontract between that person and the phone company. You could get them to sign something, but if hes ripping you off anyway, then he doesnt even have to use his own name. Perhaps get them to unlock it to all networks so it cant be blocked or just use ebay if you are that worried.

i had a bad experience buying phone on this forum once with no receipt and was blocked 3 days later - when messaged seller all i got back was swear words. im now looking for samsung galaxy s4.

having learned my lesson id like to buy one with receipt, but even if you do have receipt and its gets blocked - if i was to take it to the network phone shop in meadowhall is this proof of purchase? and it would get unlocked?

it would be good advice for all of us.

I would have turned up at their door and asked them to repeat the swear words to my face.

This is sometimes the only way you can deal with scumbags and I have had to do it on a couple of occasions.

This site can be used to check if a phone is still on contract or stolen, it also checks other electrical goods= http://www.checkmend.com/uk/about_checkmend#item-check

I would have turned up at their door and asked them to repeat the swear words to my face.

This is sometimes the only way you can deal with scumbags and I have had to do it on a couple of occasions.

This site can be used to check if a phone is still on contract or stolen, it also checks other electrical goods= http://www.checkmend.com/uk/about_checkmend#item-check

yeah i used checkmend which would show it up as ok. problem is they block it 2 months down the line

most of the time if you get a phone on contract say if your upgrading I've never known you get a receipt, I've just had the phone arrive in the bag in the post.

when i took out contracts from CPW/O2 i got a receipt print out on one of them cardboard receipts always with imei of phone/name/address/contract duraiton / details

No because its a ccontract between that person and the phone company. You could get them to sign something, but if hes ripping you off anyway, then he doesnt even have to use his own name. Perhaps get them to unlock it to all networks so it cant be blocked or just use ebay if you are that worried.

im talking about buying out of contract phones

not sure how unlocking it before hand will help , i had thought when its blocked , its blocked all networks? when mine was blocked i tried many other networks and it didnt work -i ended up selling the phone to a foreigner who could use it back in his country

---------- Post added 20-03-2014 at 22:49 ----------

Not sure people keep receipts that long or it would do you much good. By its nature the forums and craigs list are a bit risky.

yeah its about 50-60 quid difference from phoneshop and forum for gs4

Sheffield Forum,should now make it there site,were Sellers have Feedback an then people buying of Sheffield Forum know theres some Trust with the Person you are buying off

Ask them to sign a document saying they are selling it with their name, address etc, as well as the phone details including IMEI number. Point out that if they then block the phone so they can get an insurance replacement, it is fraud, and the phone company / police take it very seriously. Sure someone on here had dealings with the phone company after such a thing happened and they where very keep to follow it up.