Cat fleas. HELP!!

Please help. My two cats have been having flea problems since December last year (2013). At first I used Frontline Combo - 3 applications each.

After that failed - last week I took them both to Vet for injections. Cost £50 each.

I have vacced and washed everything (they - the cats - go everywhere in house including bed). I am STILL finding live fleas on them. Just caught one just now - I put it down the toliet and it was swimming around!

What on Earth can I do? Am I missing something?

My elder cat is going mad with it - her belly is all bare and she is freaking out.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance

Sam

we always use profender on our cats it is a spot on type. It defleas and worms and has always worked really well on our three cats. Hope this helps.

You need to get the frontline (or whatever brand it's called) spray for rooms, etc, and get all round the rooms, and really dose up into every nook and cranny. The bob martin type stuff isn't much cop, you're best going to a chemist or the vet for the proper stuff.

We had problems with Frontline and got conflicting information from different vets at the same practice despite paying a monthly flea-busting fee. Have you de-fleaed the house? My daughter's room was such a tip they were hiding in there and jumping back on when they could. I had to put everything in bags and boxes in the garage and spray it. That did the trick. They can exist for months in crevices and cracks.

Indorex flea spray for the house is brilliant. It kills the fleas and eggs and stops the cycle of flea breeding. I just spray every room in the house once a year and it keeps the house and cat flea free. It can be bought at vets or on line. I buy it online from a company called Viovets, which is slightly cheaper than the vet, but postage is charged for orders less than £29. I'm sure others sell it online too.

Yes, I used Indorex too, great stuff. At £26 (I think) it was well worth it as it did the house and lasts a year.

Apparently fleas will survive being vacced up and can make their way back out of the vacuum cleaner :help:

Yes as said you need something that kills the eggs too or you just have a vicious circle. Keep repeating the process every couple of weeks and spray inside your hoover too :-) The stronger sprays that you can only buy from the vets are best, a little more expensive but you won't need to use it as often.

On the cat I actually use tablets, I think they are johnsons, in a pink box but you can actually see them working about 15 mins after you have given them. They get into the cats blood and the fleas bite the cat and must run around like mad for a while and you can see the poor cat twitching :-( but within an hour or 2 they have gone :-)

Thanks all. Will spray (again... and again!).

Didn't know fleas were so bloody resilient.

Chuffin ell!

Strong hold is a brilliant product never had a problem with fleas since using this with the Indorex House spray.The pet shop products dont work and can sometimes cause skin problems.Many vets do flea check no consultation you just buy the flea products