Airbag warning light

The airbag warning light needs turning off on my Mk 4 Golf. Is there anyone on here who could help or point me in the right direction??

Hi my airbag light was on constant one time, and it was to do with the wires that run along bottom side of the seat, the wire had been broken by my son constantly putting seat back.

Hope that helps a little.

The airbag warning light needs turning off on my Mk 4 Golf. Is there anyone on here who could help or point me in the right direction??

Where are you?

Look under both front seats for two wires and a clip joining them in the middle. The clip might have become loose. Press it together and see if the light goes out.

There is a garage on Abbeydale Road (just opposite the petrol station that is now a car wash) which advertises warning light diagnostics and resetting.

You can not just turn the light off its a constant self diagnosis system ..fix the fault and it will go out but a good diagnostic test will point the finger at where the fault is..and as said before usually the connections under the seats can cause problems.

sometimes just moving the seat back and forth a couple of times can make it go out especialy on mondeos

You can not just turn the light off its a constant self diagnosis system ..fix the fault and it will go out but a good diagnostic test will point the finger at where the fault is..and as said before usually the connections under the seats can cause problems.

Spot on.

The most common point of failure is under the seat, as has already been said.

But there are lots more and the only way to be sure is to get a diagnostic check. Why waste time messing under the seat if its a bad connection on the steering wheel.

If you're messing with any airbag components though its a good idea to disconnect the battery and leave for ten minutes. I can tell you of a few horror stories where airbags have gone off on people trying to re-wire the seat connectors.

While a fully operational SRS system on a car is the best option on a safety point of view, but to anyone who doesn't know, a missing or inoperative airbag warning lamp is not a reason for rejection on an MOT test ;)

Section 5.4 Page 1 issue date April 2013 ;)

A lot of garages or auto electricians should have a fault code reader who can tell you exactly what is the issue,what area are you in ?

While a fully operational SRS system on a car is the best option on a safety point of view, but to anyone who doesn't know, a missing or inoperative airbag warning lamp is not a reason for rejection on an MOT test ;)

Section 5.4 Page 1 issue date April 2013 ;)

There's been talk of bringing it in tho, IIRC it was sposed to come in a few years ago but has been pushed back???

hi just give me a call or text i will come to you and do a check i charge £20 to diagnose any car

thanks