Liverpool vs Benfica

So here we go again defending myself --

Ok- out of the english teams left before tonights games I think Liverpool are the better side in europe, I did not say did I that they would go through.

What does not make sense in your mind Robbie?

I have said all along that Benfica are not some pushover team- lo and behold - you see the result tonight.

The predictions I made: cast your collective minds back a while.

I predicted- correctly- Barca would beat chelski - correct!

And I was laughed at when I said Benfica would take Liverpool out as well- correctamundo again.

So, I lay the challenge down to you fans right now.

I think you know **** about football and I am willing to bet my money against yours to find out.

Are you all man enough to take this challenge or not?

Because I am willing to prove it.

i dont recall you getting 4 correct results mate, am just asking when you said this??

i dont recall you getting 4 correct results mate, am just asking when you said this??

Quite a while back mate- but sod that and I am not going to start discussing past events- I grow very weary of it now.

I want to bet for real- against all ya'll on here..

Ecstatic at the result tonight, but I think Benfica are overdue a spanking.

They have some good players, but are quite unorganised.

A team without blind strikers would have beaten them tonight.

Quite a while back mate- but sod that and I am not going to start discussing past events- I grow very weary of it now.

I want to bet for real- against all ya'll on here..

after typing in benfica in the search on site it only came up wiith a few results.

looked through them and the only reference i have of you saying they are a decent side is after they beat liverpool away

I aint even biting robbie!!

Get yourself into the money gambling side of it and then we'll talk..

Put your cash on something against me and lets see then shall we

Thats if you are not scared of course of losing a few bob to an 'armchair' fan.

I aint even biting robbie!!

Get yourself into the money gambling side of it and then we'll talk..

Put your cash on something against me and lets see then shall we

Thats if you are not scared of course of losing a few bob to an 'armchair' fan.

as stated in another thread, whats point in betting amongst mates, i like to go for acumulators, or outside shots. not go for betting against people like you or spyro where we will all prob pick same teams

as stated in another thread, whats point in betting amongst mates, i like to go for acumulators, or outside shots. not go for betting against people like you or spyro where we will all prob pick same teams

But we wont pick the same teams will we- how many of you picked Benfica tonight?

None of you apart from me- and your talking BS if any of you say you did.

You are giving me excuses as to why 'you dont want to participate' which from you Rob I find very interesting.

If you are scared of a whipping from me on a few bets then I'd quit sniping at me mate, same goes for you Guds as well and also I am waiting with interest into the challenge I set back to wibbles as well after the comments he made on the ronaldo thread.

Yet I seem to find all three of you- chickening out.

Strange that.. maybe you know, that I would give you a financial hiding and just show you how much you dont really know about football- and thats what your scared of aint it :)

Come on- just admit it...

If I can trust spyro- someone I dont know from adam- into keeping some cash of mine for betting purposes, then I am sure you lot can find a few quid as well.. thats if you are up for it though?

But we wont pick the same teams will we- how many of you picked Benfica tonight?

None of you apart from me- and your talking BS if any of you say you did.

You are giving me excuses as to why 'you dont want to participate' which from you Rob I find very interesting.

If you are scared of a whipping from me on a few bets then I'd quit sniping at me mate, same goes for you Guds as well and also I am waiting with interest into the challenge I set back to wibbles as well after the comments he made on the ronaldo thread.

Yet I seem to find all three of you- chickening out.

Strange that.. maybe you know, that I would give you a financial hiding and just show you how much you dont really know about football- and thats what your scared of aint it :)

Come on- just admit it...

If I can trust spyro- someone I dont know from adam- into keeping some cash of mine for betting purposes, then I am sure you lot can find a few quid as well.. thats if you are up for it though?

but you didn't pick benfica till they won the first leg.

not chickening out of anything, like i said i will pit my wits against you in predictions terms.

but as said all along, if i was to bet, what would be point in betting with you when i would earn a damn site more from a bookies

I think the result was right over the two legs and besides if benfica had lost to united, pool would have probably beaten united over the two legs so some consollation there.

It's all over to you jammy 1 nil to the.arsenal

Ok, so Liverpool are out.

Benfica's best player was the ref I thought, if we did go through he made damn sure there would only be half a 1st team on the next line up.

Bad foul calls and another disallowed Fowler goal, honestly could not see if Gerrard's cross did go out or not though.

Liverpool fluffed it though, so what is this talk about Rafa and a questionable future, I think he is great.

Absolutely gutted about the result last night.

The system we play is working - to a large extent - it's the personnel that maybe needs looking at, especially up front. I'd be more concerned if we weren't creating the chances at all.

As much as I like Crouch, he can't play up front on his own as he simply wont score enough to justify his inclusion (I realise he had Morientes playing with him last night, but he might as well have been alone for all Nando contributed). Playing Crouch with Robbie seems to me to be the best option, Robbie looks reasonably sharp, and is getting better with each game, and I think they would complement each other nicely.

I also hope the irony of last night is not lost on the board. Not enough goals (Should have bought Owen), and a player we didn't buy scoring the all important goal. Having principles is great, but we would have recouped a large amount of the extra money we refused to pay through further progress in the CL, especially in light of the fact we would have been one of the two English teams left.

Still, the team is better than it was last year, and that is the biggest thing for me.

As a side note I'm a little worried about the stories circulating (largely from Koptalk) along the lines of "Rafa or Moores, who would you be prepared to lose?" and Robbie's pre match comments ("I couldn't go into details over what has been happening, but he is Liverpool's manager and that's what we want.")

Rafa vs Moores (there is more than this out there) http://www.koptalk.com/detail_subtitle_listing.php?link_id=1349

Robbie's comments http://www.koptalk.com/detail_subtitle_listing.php?link_id=1367

There's all this talk of Benitez going to Madrid. I don't think he will, but just to play devils advocate; Benitez isn't likely to win the Premiership with Liverpool and probably wont win the Champions League again either, so why stay...?

If Liverpool had a couple of strikers banging in 15-25 goals each they might be pushing Chelsea a little harder...