Liverpool vs Benfica

As I'm just about to set off for the Anfield cauldron (I have a ticket for the Main stand), I'd just like to wish the 5 time European champions the best of luck for tonight. I'm taking my singing voice along with me. :D

I'm pretty confident that we can get the right result tonight and advance to the quarter finals. In the first leg although we were the better side, I felt that we were playing for 0-0 in the second half and it backfired on us. Tonight we'll turn them over though.

We won it at Wembley

We won it in Gay Paris

In '77 and '84 it was Rome

We won it five times

We won it five tiiiiii-iiiiiii-iiiiiiimmes

In Istanbul, we won it five times

We'll win it six times

We'll win it six tiiiiii-iiiiii-iiiiiimmes

In Gay Paris, we'll win it six times

Have a good time.. I think you may well be going out tonight though unless your lot raise your game a lot.

Just dont go thinking Benfica are a pushover though- because they can surprise you as they did the 1st leg!

I hope you get turfed out on a night of shame, and spill hot bovril on yourself and your compadres.......

I don't really care who does what now. I despise Arsenal and don't really care too much for Liverpool either. Chelsea were the only team who realistically looked like they could win it and they played a very stagnant game last night.

I don't really care who does what now. I despise Arsenal and don't really care too much for Liverpool either. Chelsea were the only team who realistically looked like they could win it and they played a very stagnant game last night.

They didn't look like they were going to win it at all. They lost to Betis in the group stages, finished second in the group stages, scored a quite lucky own goal in the first leg, and hardly did a thing in the second leg...at what point did Chelsea look like they were going to win it??

Have a good time.. I think you may well be going out tonight though unless your lot raise your game a lot.

Just dont go thinking Benfica are a pushover though- because they can surprise you as they did the 1st leg!

Nearly started a similar thread myself, no way will Benfica win this game.

Think Olympiakos and last year :thumbsup:

0-1 down like this time, then come back with 3 superb goals and 2 disallowed.

Liverpool are playing well just starting to get the goals in again now, just keep getting disallowed.

Liverpool controlled about 80% of the match on away turf, they will command again tonight, you wait and the Kop will be in full voice for sure :)

They didn't look like they were going to win it at all. They lost to Betis in the group stages, finished second in the group stages, scored a quite lucky own goal in the first leg, and hardly did a thing in the second leg...at what point did Chelsea look like they were going to win it??

I thought given the strength throughout Chelsea's team they would have turned it on for the later stages of the competition.

Nearly started a similar thread myself, no way will Benfica win this game.

Time to rethink the thinking mate :)

Do you know.. sometimes I scare myself with my betting ability.

2-0 to Benfica and Liverpool out of the CL - as predicted, and I dont want to dwell or gloat.. but I predicted this since the last game.

Time to rethink the thinking mate :)

Do you know.. sometimes I scare myself with my betting ability.

2-0 to Benfica and Liverpool out of the CL - as predicted, and I dont want to dwell or gloat.. but I predicted this since the last game.

and

The only team in the prem suited to european football at the minute- and it kills me to say it- are Liverpool.

just don't add up angelus.

liverpool are suited to european football, yet playing one of the easiest sides left in the comp you said benfice would win? very very strange.

where are all these predictions you talk about getting right so far?

I'm absolutely gutted by this result, almost inconsolable even!:hihi: :hihi:

and

just don't add up angelus.

liverpool are suited to european football, yet playing one of the easiest sides left in the comp you said benfice would win? very very strange.

where are all these predictions you talk about getting right so far?

So here we go again defending myself --

Ok- out of the english teams left before tonights games I think Liverpool are the better side in europe, I did not say did I that they would go through.

What does not make sense in your mind Robbie?

I have said all along that Benfica are not some pushover team- lo and behold - you see the result tonight.

The predictions I made: cast your collective minds back a while.

I predicted- correctly- Barca would beat chelski - correct!

And I was laughed at when I said Benfica would take Liverpool out as well- correctamundo again.

So, I lay the challenge down to you fans right now.

I think you know **** about football and I am willing to bet my money against yours to find out.

Are you all man enough to take this challenge or not?

Because I am willing to prove it.

I'm absolutely gutted by this result, almost inconsolable even!:hihi: :hihi:

Did I try and warn them or not? :hihi: