Sign in to follow this  

Did the US really invade IRAQ for the oil?

Should we pull our troops out of IRAQ?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Should we pull our troops out of IRAQ?

• Yes immediately
    • After we have installed a government and there is peace

And how many would have died, and would be continuing to die, under Saddam's regime if they hadn't?

we'll neer know but we will know how many have died, are dying and will die when the "liberation" of iraqi's is done by the coalition forces.

And how many would have died, and would be continuing to die, under Saddam's regime if they hadn't?

We'll never know? but we will know how many have died, are dying and will die when the "liberation" of iraqi's is done by the coalition forces.

IMO lot less than saddam and his croonies.

I agree abdul the invasion of iraq only made this country even more unstable and now the west has stirred up a hornets nest of attrition against the west.

Why didn't the government just arrange for the sas to take out saddam and his killing crew then we wouldn't have needed this rediculous war situation, does anyone remember that dr.kelly who committed suicide very suspicious.

This war had nothing to do with un inspectors(smoke screen) or indeed the preservation of human life in iraq from the regime of saddam more to do with the u.s lining their filthy rich pockets at the expense of this proud arab nation.

I seem to remembe a skirmish between iran and iraq some years a go i wonder if these two bitter states will unite against western invasion

Quite right, please have a look at http://www.michaeltotten.com/archives/001068.html it's a description (with pictures) of a museum in the Kurdish area of North Iraq. The pathetic, childish attitudes of the anti-war crowd that call Bush and Blair "Killers" or scream blue murder about the isolated minor abuses such as Abu Graib while ignoring documented events like these sicken me.

Also: http://www.windsofchange.net/archives/008231.php an interesting piece on progress/problems in Iraq.

I agree abdul the invasion of iraq only made this country even more unstable and now the west has stirred up a hornets nest of attrition against the west.

Why didn't the government just arrange for the sas to take out saddam and his killing crew then we wouldn't have needed this rediculous war situation, does anyone remember that dr.kelly who committed suicide very suspicious.

This war had nothing to do with un inspectors(smoke screen) or indeed the preservation of human life in iraq from the regime of saddam more to do with the u.s lining their filthy rich pockets at the expense of this proud arab nation.

Apologies for being glib but I didn't know it was the school holidays? How else do you explain such childish arguments?

Can you tell me what would have happened to iraq after we had "taken out Saddam and his killing crew"? Which by the way was an entire structure of Republican Guards, Secret Police, fedayeen militia and other assorted baa'thst thugs and so to discuss taking them out is an academic discussion.

So the 12 years of broken UN sanctions was a smoke screen? If you actually read some of the reports from the UN teams (Which were not very effective due to being led everywhere by saddams helpers) you would know they were not happy at all with what they were finding evidence of.

Finally - the US are lining their pockets? Check out the congressional spending bills on Iraq - I'll give you a hint you'll need a big calculator to tot it up ;) oh and the fact that revenue from Iraqi oil goes into a fund to be used by the Iraq government to pay for state employee wages, rebuilding projects etc...

Please find documents that contradict the above - I'd be very interested to see them.

I thought the reason for the war was "weapons of mass destruction" and when they didnt find any tactics switched to him being a murdering tyrant.

quite interesting the way people have different idea's about the reasoning behind the war.

By bombing the provincial palaces with all the guard and him in place easy really even you should have figured that one out.

...it's a description (with pictures) of a museum in the Kurdish area of North Iraq. The pathetic, childish attitudes of the anti-war crowd that call Bush and Blair "Killers" or scream blue muredr about the isolated minor abuses such as Abu Graib while ignoring documented events like these sicken me.

We agree that Saddam was a brutal dictator; even the anti-war movement are aware of that. What has not been answered is why Western powers installed him to power and supplied him with chemical weapons in the first place?

The recent history of the Kurds is an interesting one. Turkey has also been indulging in a little Kurdish genocide of its own. Why is little said about this? Could it be that Turkey uses American equipment including Sikorsky Blackhawk helicopters and McDonnell Douglas F16 fighter jets to oppress the Kurds?

Turkey also supplies air bases to the u.s abdul i'm sure they and the yanks will turn a blind eye to a spot of their own genocide wink wink nudge nudge,i agree the change of tac was a little suspicious could this have been to "we must get our greasey hands on that oil come what may" me thinks

I thought the reason for the war was "weapons of mass destruction" and when they didnt find any tactics switched to him being a murdering tyrant.

quite interesting the way people have different idea's about the reasoning behind the war.

I think you should read barny_100's posts.

I think you should read barny_100's posts.

I've read his and not suggesting saddam didnt kill his people im just saying that reasoning behind the war now isn't the one used to invade iraq.

what happened to that 45 minute claim?:hihi:

So the 12 years of broken UN sanctions was a smoke screen? If you actually read some of the reports from the UN teams (Which were not very effective due to being led everywhere by saddams helpers) you would know they were not happy at all with what they were finding evidence of.

Finding evidence of what? Those 'hidden' WMD stockpiles :huh:

Finally - the US are lining their pockets?

Halliburton, the US energy company formerly headed by US vice-president Dick Cheney is a company directly benefitting from the war, as you can read here. Mind you, they're not doing a very good job of it:

Pentagon 'hid' damning Halliburton audit

US army docks Halliburton $55m

And seeing as you prefer to posts link to third-party websites rather than debate topics, I'll add this one too:

http://www.halliburtonwatch.org