Sign in to follow this  

Did the US really invade IRAQ for the oil?

Should we pull our troops out of IRAQ?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Should we pull our troops out of IRAQ?

• Yes immediately
    • After we have installed a government and there is peace

Thanks to Blair, Bush and a few others, there's 50,000 terrorists who won't trouble our country or anyone else for one simple reason - they're dead.

Where did you get these figures from please?

There are certainly estimates of tens of thousands of dead Iraqis, which will no doubt include civilian women and children, but where did the figure of 50,000 dead terrorists come from?

Do you include Iraqi civilian woman and child as terrorists?

DIDN'T BIN LADEN COME FROM SAUDI ARABIA MAKING HIM THE MOST HATED ARAB IN THE WEST?

He and his family went to stay in a hotel in london recently and the following morning he asked "what's the dammage guv" ?to the receptionist at this the chamber maid appeared and said "no need to charge them cos "no bed bin :D laid in"

I'll tell you why Muslims hate the West. It is because we don't want to live under Sharia law, meaning that we don't want our women to cover up with burkas, make them walk 10 yards behind us, nor do we want our pubs and bars closing down, or have our women stoned to death for adultery. [/i]

And there's me thinking the reason Muslims didn't like Western governments (not 'the West') was because those same governments had been propping up hated dictators for decades - the Shah of Iran, Saddam in Iraq...

Funny how these things lip your mind ;)

...we know the us are hated by most iranians even though i am told there are alot living in california over 250,000 at the last count.

Let me guess... you counted them one by one, and interviewed them too :wow:

Many, if not most, of the insurgents are not Iraqi nationals but have their own Middle East agenda - unrest and civil war in Iraq are what they want.

An end to Western interference would be nice, too

Please answer this question someone, "why did so called muslim british citizens indescriminately murder over 70 people in this country including a few of their own? because these people are completely obsessed with striking terror into our nation and in my mind they should all be deported.

They are not a minority their clerics breed hatred towards our people and the safe haven from which their families have fled so called regimes, i wish someone had listened to enoch powell in the 1950's.

This couldn't go on indefinately, and now Saddam will have to answer for his crimes against humanity - but isn't it peculiar that those lefties, who claimed to be opposed to Saddam's brutality, suddenly showed their true colours and sided with him when it came down to removing him.

So why, why, why, were Western powers so keen to install and support Saddam in the first place?

Simple - because with the CIA's help, Saddam ousted the-then ruler of Iraq, who wanted to renationalise Iraqi oil fields.

Isn't it peculiar that these bloodthirsty Western warmongers, who claimed to be Saddam's friends, suddenly showed their true colours and fought against him when their little puppy had a wee on the carpet?

An end to Western interference would be nice, too

That would be nice.

And if the coalition forces pull out tomorrow, who's going to prevent the bloodbath that will follow?

The bombings we have now may be unpalatable, but there would be carnage and true civil war if we just leave them to it and 'stop interfering'.

Please answer this question someone, "why did so called muslim british citizens indescriminately murder over 70 people in this country including a few of their own? because these people are completely obsessed with striking terror into our nation and in my mind they should all be deported.

Because they were a bunch of misguided fools.

At least we agree on one thing - that killing civilians is WRONG, regardless of whether they're in London or Iraq :thumbsup:

That would be nice.

And if the coalition forces pull out tomorrow, who's going to prevent the bloodbath that will follow?

but the blood bath that would follow is surely because of the interferance the coalition forces started when Iraq was invaded. :huh:

The bombings we have now may be unpalatable, but there would be carnage and true civil war if we just leave them to it and 'stop interfering'.

Thank you.

You've just explained one of the many reasons so many were against the war in the first place.

To answer your question, why not just leave the Iraqis to it? Western forces did it after Gulf War I. Mind you, this is unlikely to happen as it would dent Tony Blair's ego.

What's the alternative? Keep troops there until peace come to Iraq? Many fear that a peaceful solution is not in sight while foreign troops are still there.

but the blood bath that would follow is surely because of the interferance the coalition forces started when Iraq was invaded. :huh:

And how many would have died, and would be continuing to die, under Saddam's regime if they hadn't?