Sign in to follow this  

Did the US really invade IRAQ for the oil?

Should we pull our troops out of IRAQ?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Should we pull our troops out of IRAQ?

• Yes immediately
    • After we have installed a government and there is peace

Bartfarst - I totally agree with you.

There is no quick or easy solution to these situations. :(

"Thanks to Blair, Bush and a few others, there's 50,000 terrorists "

It is amazing that you thank some one for killing people! What does terrorism mean in your definition?

Does it mean invading other people’s country?

Does it mean killing their children and elderly?

Does it mean putting them in chaos so that hundreds are been killed EVERY DAY?

You claim that Muslims hate the west and this has been for decades! Let’s say that your claim is right, have you asked your self why?

Do Chinese hate the west?

Do Japanese hate the west?

Do Africans hate the west?

If they do then there is a problem at your home needs to be fixed. BUT if say Chinese do not hate the west then you have a problem in understanding how the world is split. Do you know that there are Muslims in China more than Muslims in Saudi Arabia!

I'll tell you what terrorist means:

Those who murder schoolchildren in Beslan

Those who murder office workers at their desks in New York

Those who murder commuters in London and Madrid

Those who murder tourists in Luxor and revellers in Bali

Those who murder Jews on board buses and in cafe bars in Israel

Those who would like to acquire weapons of mass destruction to top 911.

And why did the above happen, and why are there ambitions to carry out the last atrocity mentioned above?

Easy. They were murdered in the name of Allah Akbar - killed for enjoying themselves, killed for being successful, but above all, killed because they were infidels. Just as hostages have had their heads sliced off by bloodthirsty knife-wielding Allah Akbar-screaming savages.

Ok mate i understand no probs thanks for your interesting and factual comments, i am not a leftie but i am only wanting the human suffering of these people to end as it is deeply upsetting to hear of the body count going up day by day.

It's not just terrorists that die in these bombs innocent civilians too i'm sorry if i am stating the obvious.

We won't see a land campaign but don't be surprised if the odd Iranian nuclear facility becomes host to a few visiting Tomahawks before 2008. Might see what Ladbrokes will give me on that . . . .

My guess is - it'll be this year, and if the US doesn't do it, the Israelis will have a go. Ahmadinejad's promised Israel a nuclear holocaust, and Jews have long memories of a certain other person who promised to eradicate all Jews, and did his damndest to carry it out. And as a Holocaust survivor said "When somebody says they're going to kill you, believe them. Take them at their word", and Israel is certainly taking Ahmadinejad at his word. But at the end of the day, there will be an attempt to set back Irans nuclear ambitions and perhaps invoke a counter-revolution in Iran, but no invasion.

Thanks for all your contributions on this subject and i would like to hear from anyone who has family out there in iraq who are still worried about them and their role in this illegal war, also if you have lost loved ones i only hope your pain and suffering eases in time.

I'll tell you what terrorist means:

Those who murder schoolchildren in Beslan

Those who murder office workers at their desks in New York

Those who murder commuters in London and Madrid

Those who murder tourists in Luxor and revellers in Bali

Those who murder Jews on board buses and in cafe bars in Israel

Those who would like to acquire weapons of mass destruction to top 911.

And why did the above happen, and why are there ambitions to carry out the last atrocity mentioned above?

Easy. They were murdered in the name of Allah Akbar - killed for enjoying themselves, killed for being successful, but above all, killed because they were infidels. Just as hostages have had their heads sliced off by bloodthirsty knife-wielding Allah Akbar-screaming maniacs.

You forgot to mention:

Those who murder anyone whilst hiding behind the civilian populace.

It's not just terrorists that die in these bombs innocent civilians too I'm sorry if i am stating the obvious.

May be obvious but worth re-emphasising. The vast majority of Iraqis just want peace, but a tiny proportion (still thousands unfortunately) of insurgents will keep making it hard for a long time. Coalition forces were initially very well received, especially the Brit contingent around Basrah (helped by our troops experience in Northern Ireland and their intelligent interaction with the locals, which is still 99% the case desite the negative press)

The insurgents aren't stupid enough to think that the bombings will help the country, oust the US and bring bliss to Iraq. Many, if not most, of the insurgents are not Iraqi nationals but have their own Middle East agenda - unrest and civil war in Iraq are what they want.

My guess is - it'll be this year, and if the US doesn't do it, the Israelis will have a go. Ahmadinejad's promised Israel a nuclear holocaust, and Jews have long memories of a certain other person who promised to eradicate all Jews, and did his damndest to carry it out. And as a Holocaust survivor said "When somebody says they're going to kill you, believe them. Take them at their word", and Israel is certainly taking Ahmadinejad at his word. But at the end of the day, there will be an attempt to set back Irans nuclear ambitions and perhaps invoke a counter-revolution in Iran, but no invasion.

Israel has far more recent precedents of pre-emptive attacks on its 'friendly neighbours' (most of whom dream of crushing Israel), and the Arab states know this too well which is why they’ve avoided getting a bloody nose from Israel for some time. Iran could be in for a good kick in the nuts from the Israeli air force if, as you say, they jump to it before the US. They have a genuine reason to fear for their national security and protect Israeli citizens from promised Iranian aggression.

The terrorists you mention bartfarst are indeed the reason why we are still in this country try to maintain law and order.

It's a case of identifying these culprits rounding them up.

In the former yugoslavia tito kept all the factions together until his death then all hell let lose, some folk will never get on whatever the peace agenda they are hell bent on destruction and creating instability, i fear for israel with this new partner that they have to deal with, hamas are a far more millitant organisation who's sole goal is to rid israelites of their land.

You forgot to mention:

Those who murder anyone whilst hiding behind the civilian populace.

They certainly do. It is their way of not only holding us to emotional blackmail, but generating lurid headlines against our troops if we take out say, half a dozen of these murderous terrorists, but in doing so, another half a dozen women and children get killed. The unfortunate fact is - our media blames the troops rather than the terrorists who hide behind civilians, and over time, troop morale will be affected, and terrorists are counting on that happening. Also, terrorists often get described by the media as 'innocent civilians', and we can imagine that the headline will read "Seven civilians killed by missile strike" if Zarqawi, along with half a dozen of his henchmen get killed.

I have a friend who will be serving in Iraq in June with the British forces. I also have a sister that use to serve in the Canadian military and did some UN peace keeping in Haiti in the mid-1990's.

Even though Canada isn't in Iraq, they certainly are in Afganastan and we are getting pounded on big time now - lost 3 this past week alone.

These experiences change the soldiers and their families forever - I know that from personal experience and I have a difficult time with anyone being over there - no matter what nationality - for something that is built around oil and a huge personal agenda by the current US President.

Very true firecracker but wouldn't we do the same if an arab country had invaded the uk? not that it is likely,we don't know what it's like but i'm sure glad sheffield isn't suffering the same plite as baghdad can you imagine living there let alone reporting on the war.

Is it really 3 years ago that the dictatorship and war ended?, i remember seeing the statue of sadam being toppled from my hotel on tv in malta on my honeymoon.

Do you think american foreign policy would have been different had bush not been the president,the folk in the us must be sick to the stomach of hearing about all their casualties of war.

Did you see tony blair on parkinson saying that it was a hard decision but with god's help a good one, devine wisdom it was not, no god i believe in would have sanctioned this dreadful act of going to war without the mandate of the people, perhaps tony thought he might lose a referendum on it and then he must surely have had to step down, i call him tory blair.