Tram Rail replacement works in Hillsborough 28/29th March to begin

Looking on the website where it gives the dates of the works, are there going to be no trams running at all from Shalesmoor to Middlewood from 28th March - 20th April?

Looks like I'll be using the car then, going to cost me an absolute fortune in parking.

Gizza lift :lol:

Looking on the website where it gives the dates of the works, are there going to be no trams running at all from Shalesmoor to Middlewood from 28th March - 20th April?

Looks like I'll be using the car then, going to cost me an absolute fortune in parking.

Why not use the bus they are providing as a replacement?

its not exactly the tram is it? going direct from a to b, the space, the journey time, the accessibility, I could go on.

If you catch a tram its because you want to catch the tram, not a bus...

Why not use the bus they are providing as a replacement?

There's too many people to get on the tram most mornings, I dread to think what the buses will be like.

I notice from the Supertram page that:

From 06.00 Tuesday 8th April until 05.00 Thursday 10th April – there will be traffic lights on Langsett Road near Ripley Street – resulting in Ripley Street being closed..

There are already permanent lights at the Langsett Rd/Ripley St junction, aren't there?! And if Ripley St is being closed (in both directions?), are there any details about diversions for traffic to/from Walkley/Crookes?

There's too many people to get on the tram most mornings, I dread to think what the buses will be like.

All buses are double deckers and extra buses will run at peak times.

---------- Post added 30-03-2014 at 16:32 ----------

So...these blue trams run every 10 minutes usually (20 on a Sunday)...and are interspersed with the yellow tram which does the same....meaning that you usually get a tram every 5 minutes at Shalesmoor and every 10 on a Sunday. Now...if ONLY the blue route is running from Shalesmoor to Halfway that means the tram service is halved...or will they be running extra blue trams to cover the shortfall of the yellow....which I presume are now running from the Cathedral to Meadowhall and back???????

Only the blue route will run Shalesmoor-Cathedral due to limited capacity on the crossover at Shalesmoor, however keep in mind those from the Hillsborough end requiring the City Centre or beyond will remain on the bus to Castle Square so those blue trams will only have on board passengers requiring Netherthorpe Road, University or West Street.

Went to town in the car this afternoon and traffic on Penistone Road, Parkside Road and Middlewood Road resembled traffic conditions of Monday afternoon rush hour. Let's hope this is done soon.

To get the bus from Shalesmoor to Middlwood, will it go along Langsett Road, or Penistone Road? Just wondering where the bus stop is. Thanks.

To get the bus from Shalesmoor to Middlwood, will it go along Langsett Road, or Penistone Road? Just wondering where the bus stop is. Thanks.

They are going along langsett rd following the tram route using the bus stops other buses use aswell.

Went to town in the car this afternoon and traffic on Penistone Road, Parkside Road and Middlewood Road resembled traffic conditions of Monday afternoon rush hour. Let's hope this is done soon.

The works on Holme Lane finish tonight/early tomorrow so Holme Lane should be open again from 5am.

Next weekend though, I believe Hillsborough Corner is closed so Y1 will use Penistone Rd. At Hillsborough Corner all you'll be able to do is turn left from Langsett Rd onto Holme Lane and vice versa. Road closures/works info at the contractors website http://www.volkerwessels.co.uk/en/projects/detail/sheffield-supertram-rail-replacement-project

---------- Post added 30-03-2014 at 20:03 ----------

The bus stop is on Penistone Rd then buses follow tram route - apart from next weekend as shown above.

Edited by pushtotalk

The bus stop is on Penistone Rd then buses follow tram route - apart from next weekend as shown above.

Thanks for clarifying.

I'll give the bus replacement service a go tomorrow but if I'm going to have to sit in traffic down Parkside Road and along Penistone Road and into town then I might aswell just go in the car.