Tram Rail replacement works in Hillsborough 28/29th March to begin

There is the stop at the top of West Street *as the work isn't being done on there just yet* - the bus did go up there last year during the works - and it did work just fine. I can't leave home any earlier due to care commitments. You act like I haven't been trying to get hold of times and confirmed for a couple of weeks. Even TravelLine and half of Stagecoach had no idea what they were doing (even this morning!).

I also never said it should stop on Brook Hill. The 6.22am 57 bus does not make it to Shalesmoor in time to get the blue tram. There is no SL bus at this time to connect any faster either.

The 57 bus isn't a stage coach link bus though! .... and is operated by first I believe so it's never been an official link like the supertram link buses, and replacement buses in lieu of trams

Edited by semerpus

I wasn't expecting the city to revolve around SWFC, I was expecting my ticket to "University" to take me to the "University", rather than "Arundel Gate".

That isn't too much to ask. Is it?

You can still get to university..blue route trams are running from Shalesmoor to University and city centre and onto Halfway as is showing on the information and timetable on supertrams website

[

---------- Post added 29-03-2014 at 23:32 ----------

The publicity about the replacements has been extremely poor. I asked about it on the tram last week and they knew as much as I did - that it was happening soon but didn't know what was happening with the replacement buses. I suspect the bus going to Shalesmoor will not be big enough to cater for the huge amount of people who use it in the mornings and again at peak time in the evening when the trams can hardly cope with the amount of people...( the Uni travel policy is to get as many people as possible to use public transport)

just had a look on line and according to the tram website there are buses every 6 minutes from Middlewood between 7.30am and 9am and it says with the replacement buses from Malin bridge that means 23 buses in an hour and a half which is more than the number of trams.

obviously buses are subject to the volume of traffic on the roads like any other road vehicle so it's inevitable that there will be some delays i'm sure

You can still get to university..blue route trams are running from Shalesmoor to University and city centre and onto Halfway as is showing on the information and timetable on supertrams website

Yes, but Stagecoach turned the "replacement bus service" into cattle trucks after the football.

I bought a ticket for the University and then the bus just went straight to Arundel Gate without stopping.

Car for me from now on.

Yes, but Stagecoach turned the "replacement bus service" into cattle trucks after the football.

I bought a ticket for the University and then the bus just went straight to Arundel Gate without stopping.

Car for me from now on.

None of the buses were advertised as going to University - they connect with the tram at either Castle Square or Shalesmoor!

None of the buses were advertised as going to University - they connect with the tram at either Castle Square or Shalesmoor!

The guy on the platform took my money and gave me a ticket for University, before telling me that the buses were going straight into town. If he'd been more honest, I'd have walked to the interchange and caught a 52.

The normal replacement buses are not going straight into town without stopping. Why should the football fans be treated differently?

The guy on the platform took my money and gave me a ticket for University, before telling me that the buses were going straight into town. If he'd been more honest, I'd have walked to the interchange and caught a 52.

The normal replacement buses are not going straight into town without stopping. Why should the football fans be treated differently?

maybe it was on police instruction?

Edited by mrmw

The 57 bus isn't a stage coach link bus though! .... and is operated by first I believe so it's never been an official link like the supertram link buses, and replacement buses in lieu of trams

That I am more than well aware, but when you haven't got any other bus alternative at that time of day - what do you do?

Ps. 57 is Stagecoach not First.

Edited by Groose

There is the stop at the top of West Street *as the work isn't being done on there just yet* - the bus did go up there last year during the works - and it did work just fine.

But the Y1 only ran at weekends last year, not weekdays. Traffic at uni will be much heavier on a weekday - quite different to weekends. If the bus went that way, with all the traffic, then all of us going to town or beyond would also be late - as probably would you so a tram at Shalesmoor whilst being inconvenient will probably work out better, quicker, or just as quick as if the bus went via West St.

There's been info on the website for weeks. Some people (don't mean you alisonmanic, just generally speaking) need to take responsibility for their own journeys - find the detail which IS out there and plan a little, or just ask the traveline people on 01709515151.

went past yesterday counted three men actually working all the rest of them just stood about talking doing sod all

went past yesterday counted three men actually working all the rest of them just stood about talking doing sod all

And a fleeting glimpse is enough data to produce a full time and motion report, of course

Y1 goes from Middlewood to Angel St, non stop from Shalesmoor through to town then back up High St, West St, Uni back to Middlewood. If anyone need Uni, West St etc, then need to get off at Shalesmoor and catch Halfway tram which is running Halfway to Shalesmoor.

So...these blue trams run every 10 minutes usually (20 on a Sunday)...and are interspersed with the yellow tram which does the same....meaning that you usually get a tram every 5 minutes at Shalesmoor and every 10 on a Sunday. Now...if ONLY the blue route is running from Shalesmoor to Halfway that means the tram service is halved...or will they be running extra blue trams to cover the shortfall of the yellow....which I presume are now running from the Cathedral to Meadowhall and back???????

Looking on the website where it gives the dates of the works, are there going to be no trams running at all from Shalesmoor to Middlewood from 28th March - 20th April?

Looks like I'll be using the car then, going to cost me an absolute fortune in parking.