Tram Rail replacement works in Hillsborough 28/29th March to begin

We're still not sure where the Y1 bus stops in town in relation to City Hall....tomorrow we're going to find the bus stop and get the Y1 bus all the way through and see how long that takes, plus then we won't end up stuck upstairs at the back with all the 'yoofs'!

It doesn't, it goes straight from Shalesmoor to Angel Street. If you want City Hall - you need to change to the Blue Tram

It doesn't, it goes straight from Shalesmoor to Angel Street. If you want City Hall - you need to change to the Blue Tram

I meant on the way back through town, so after it's left Angel Street does it head back up High Street towards West Street or go straight back to Shalesmoor?

I meant on the way back through town, so after it's left Angel Street does it head back up High Street towards West Street or go straight back to Shalesmoor?

It must have come back through town somehow. As it didn't come down past Netherthorpe road stop. I did get on at Shalesmoor though.

It must have come back through town somehow.

That's what we were wondering as the Y1 bus was already pretty full by the time it got to Shalesmoor....at least the walk from City Hall to Angel Street is downhill :hihi:

The bus bk towards Middlewood leaves from outside Argos on Angel street , then down sing hill to west bar and then onto Shalesmoor.. Then infirmary rd and the normal route the tram takes to Middlewood

Maybe they're only doing set hours - at just gone 8am there were no staff at any of the stops... the ticket machine broke at one bit so the driver just told everyone to get on and "pay on the next journey.." :hihi:

What a absolute joke this is. I appreciate that this work must be carried out, but it could have been organised better. At the tram stop in Hillsbrough where I catch my tram there was no infomation at all regarding the replacement buses. No info regarding where to board or what number you need to catch or where it drops you off. These buses are supposed to run at the same time as the trams but thats impossible. I was almost an hour late for work yesterday. Everybody buying their weekly passes. The driver spent more time collecting money than driving.

Took me an hour door to door (Middlewood to West St) yesterday, half an hour longer than usual and 20 mins late for work, mainly because the Y1 I got on at ten to nine then sat at Middlewood waiting until 9.15. Not impressed! Am going to walk to Penistone Rd and try the 79 today instead.

Jabsy- there's signs all over the tram stops at hills borough and hills borough park I saw them yesterday and have just looked now while on the journey in and they are still there! Second day of doing this for me and again arrived in town 5 mins later than usual. No problems

Edited by mrmw

What a absolute joke this is. I appreciate that this work must be carried out, but it could have been organised better. At the tram stop in Hillsbrough where I catch my tram there was no infomation at all regarding the replacement buses. No info regarding where to board or what number you need to catch or where it drops you off. These buses are supposed to run at the same time as the trams but thats impossible. I was almost an hour late for work yesterday. Everybody buying their weekly passes. The driver spent more time collecting money than driving.

Which tram stop did u use

Which tram stop did u use

Don't matter he's angry about being a hour late for work. Just one little hour and he blows up over anything.

I have to agree unfortunately, there seems to be very little organisation afforded to the replacement bus services. The buses seem to be operating on a different timetable to the trams and even then they do not seem to be on time.

Normally I have to catch an early tram (before 6:30am) and as of yet have seen no conductors at any of the replacement bus stops or on the buses, which is fair enough as it quite early. However - as has been mentioned - this means that you end up with a large number of people queuing to get on the bus in order to pay which in turn delays the bus for even longer.

Oh well, I suppose the works do need to be carried out :D