The stink from cats

Crushed mothballs usually does the trick but they smell almost as badly as the cat pee:gag:

That's not fair on the poor moths. :hihi:

Don't even bother trying the owners, they have "a right to roam", even on others property. :/

Don't blindly assume all owners are the same. Try as I might I couldn't stop my cat marking territory, and made sure that I raked the neighbours borders to get the crap out of them.

Garden sprinkler hooked up to a passive motion sensor to strafe the garden whenever anything big enters - works for cats and foxes (foxes STINK!).

My cats go toilet by our hedge but I can't say I've ever noticed a particularly strong smell, even though I clean it all up regularly when I'm on dog poop patrol.

I have five cats,all neutered or spayed, so no smell. I also house three ferals around my property who regularly wander in the house and spray. I can't smell it but husband complains,so I mix a solution of washing up liquid,bicarb and water in a spray bottle,and this is brilliant for neutralising any smells,and dosn,t harm furniture or carpets,or,indeed,the cats.

Same here, I had 2 cats and a scruffy tom used to break in and spray. No collar, no chip, no neuter.

I got a humane trap, took him to vets with the help of Friends of Ferals and teeny on this forum as my car was off the road, had him snipped and intended to release him but 8 months later he is sat on my bed purring away, coat smoother, stud tail gone, no whiffy tom cat pee, although he is still a scruffbag with a chunk of ear missing :)

http://i61.tinypic.com/33m360n.jpg

Aww, he's lovely squiggs :)

To the OP, my Aunty swears by placing used tea bags around her garden! Apparently they don't like the smell. Not sure if this really works or not. I've also heard putting lemon juice on your garden deters them due to the smell.

It's not true that getting a cat will stop other cats enterig 'their' territory. They just do it when your cat isn't around!

I've heard the lemon juice one as well, maybe it's worth trying a couple of different things to find the right item to deter the cat(s).

or you could pop some Nepeta cataria into your neighbours garden and encourage them over there :hihi:

I use a Garlic Spray (sold as a repellent) in the garden, seems to work. But you need to keep it a regular thing. I love cats but not their poo in my garden. :-(

Get a cat, then others wont come into 'their' garden.

you need a "tough" cat then :) my cat was such a wimp she wouldn't even venture out if another cat was in the vicinity! The times i had to chase cats off for her....