The stink from cats

I've had the same problem for a few years, also the amount of cat poo not buried is bad as well, bought a sonic sound thing, ok if plugged in.

I had what we called a curry cupboard, ( hubby did indian cookery lessons ) and went through all what was out of date or going to be, instead of putting these spices in bin, I sprinkled them all where cats went, it worked a treat :)

ie : cloves, cinnamon, curry spice powders, also didn't hurt the cats as I wouldn't like them to suffer any pain, even if they are.

There's quite a few cats that live near me. Quite a few cats frequent my garden BUT I've never even noticed cat poo or smelt cat wee on my property. Maybe i've got more important things to worrry about ;)

Get a cat, then others wont come into 'their' garden.

I have 2 cats and 4 cats visit my garden so that might not work, or have I got soft hearted cats.

I've had the same problem for a few years, also the amount of cat poo not buried is bad as well, bought a sonic sound thing, ok if plugged in.

I had what we called a curry cupboard, ( hubby did indian cookery lessons ) and went through all what was out of date or going to be, instead of putting these spices in bin, I sprinkled them all where cats went, it worked a treat :)

ie : cloves, cinnamon, curry spice powders, also didn't hurt the cats as I wouldn't like them to suffer any pain, even if they are.

Could that be conceived as cat cruelty? :(

We have 4 cats (all neutered and spayed), but it doesn't stop a scruffy tom cat from coming into our porch and spraying! It smells vile, it has a collar on so obviously lives somewhere local. There's no excuse for not getting them neutered or spayed.

The best thing to scare cats away safely is a motion detecting water sprayer. I'd be quite happy for ours to get a soaking if neighbours fitted one. (We have flowerbeds on the front garden and they all seem to do their business in there though)

Edited by Rob_1

Could that be conceived as cat cruelty? :(

No :o rampant, it wasn't chilli or curry powder, just aromatic spices, the garlic spray you can buy or pepper spray is worse I believe, never been cruel in me life, only to me hubby ;)

We mixed some disinfectant with water and used a watering can to apply it round the affected areas , that seemed to work.

No :o rampant, it wasn't chilli or curry powder, just aromatic spices, the garlic spray you can buy or pepper spray is worse I believe, never been cruel in me life, only to me hubby ;)

I understand julie, now shove the stuff up hubbys nose :hihi::hihi:

A friend of mine had the same problem. She bought an electronic thing which is plugged into a socket in the house. It emits a sound which is not audible to humans, but cats hate it, and won't come near. It works! Don't know what it's called though, maybe try and google it?

We have 4 cats (all neutered and spayed), but it doesn't stop a scruffy tom cat from coming into our porch and spraying! It smells vile, it has a collar on so obviously lives somewhere local. There's no excuse for not getting them neutered or spayed.

The best thing to scare cats away safely is a motion detecting water sprayer. I'd be quite happy for ours to get a soaking if neighbours fitted one. (We have flowerbeds on the front garden and they all seem to do their business in there though)

Same here, I had 2 cats and a scruffy tom used to break in and spray. No collar, no chip, no neuter.

I got a humane trap, took him to vets with the help of Friends of Ferals and teeny on this forum as my car was off the road, had him snipped and intended to release him but 8 months later he is sat on my bed purring away, coat smoother, stud tail gone, no whiffy tom cat pee, although he is still a scruffbag with a chunk of ear missing :)

http://i61.tinypic.com/33m360n.jpg

A vile lie used by horrid cat owners to further their evil agenda.

They reckon Lion s**t does the trick, i just dont fancy following one about waiting for it to have a turn out !