The stink from cats

there are at least two cats that use our garden, i am fed up with the smell of cat pee as i walk out the house and now that its getting warmer my 3 year old grandson wants to play out, well i could smell his shoes so wiped them down and his mum rang telling me to get rid of the cats! any ideas how to chase them off and keep them away

does anyone know voodoo?

Sadly, bar getting a dog there's little hope of keeping the disgusting things at bay. Don't even bother trying the owners, they have "a right to roam", even on others property. :/

We have the same thing every spring all over the front door, the shed and bushes in the garden and it really smells awful, if only people would get their cats neutered it wouldn't be a problem...you could try one of those electric sonic things that you can buy, but if you bide your time they will stop again by summer.

Its only intact tom cats that smell. I have cats but couldn't believe the smell when a neighbours tom cat sprayed up my outside wall at the side of my patio door. I could smell it inside the house!

Spray the cat with the garden hose. If you wet the cat enough it won't come back. You can set water sprayers up with sensors. Just remember to switch it off when you or your family walk past!

I have found that Jeyes Fluid,diluted according to instructions and poured around the area where cats foul keeps them away.They do not like the smell. Though you should avoid using it near any plants you want to keep as it acts as a mild weedkiller.

All cats should be house trained by law and be required to pass a toilet test.

All cats should be house trained by law and be required to pass a toilet test.

They might be house trained, they are spraying to mark territories because its their breeding time, all cats allowed out should be neutered I reckon, save everyone else plus the cats a lot of problems!

They might be house trained, they are spraying to mark territories because its their breeding time, all cats allowed out should be neutered I reckon, save everyone else plus the cats a lot of problems!

Ahhhh, is that what they are doing when they come up close to you? Bums up in the air? I feel quite happy that a cat wants to own me :)

I have found that Jeyes Fluid,diluted according to instructions and poured around the area where cats foul keeps them away.They do not like the smell. Though you should avoid using it near any plants you want to keep as it acts as a mild weedkiller.

Crushed mothballs usually does the trick but they smell almost as badly as the cat pee:gag:

So glad to hear I'm not the only one suffering the smell of cat pee. Hubby bought some stuff off internet at weekend, if this fails it will be a BIG water pistol.:mad:

Get a cat, then others wont come into 'their' garden.