Sign in to follow this  

Brazillizn ju jitsu

Im keen on taking up this sport and can remember a few threads on this subject, Ihink someone said that this is taught at Graves tennis centre? I was just wondering if anyone knew if this was the case. Many thanks

Hi

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ) is currently taught on Wednesday evenings at Graves Tennis Centre (7.15-9.00) and Monday evenings at Henry Fanshaw school, Green Lane, Dronfield (8.15-9.45) - Royce Gracie Jiu Jitsu Network.

On the other side of the city it's also taught at 393 Club, Langsett Road - Gracie Barra. I think those classes are on Monday and Wednesday evenings, and also Sunday afternoons.

You can find more details of both clubs by searching this forum.

Grappling is also taught by Brian Aiken (City Centre).

BJJ is a great discipline - i hope you can get along to one of the classes and that you enjoy it.

best wishes

I might be able to make monday classes. I haven't been down Langsett road in years, are there any landmarks near the club & which end is it at?

it's towards hillsborough end - opposite side of the road to morrisons, near the junction with victor road or burnaby street i think. i'm not sure of times though but there are several people on here who could help you with that and i think one of the earlier posts by barragergus does detail the times.

Anvil is spot on with the location, class times are:

Monday 6-7.30

Wednesday 6-8

Sunday 11-1

is the 393 club opposite morrisons, with the taekwondo logo on the outside wall? I should be able to make sundays as well, this is looking good!

yep thats the place.

i really should add the sunday times to my signature...

just to remind people lagarto is down on sunday so that class will be £12 but others are only £5

hi, i have no experience of any fighting styles and am very interested in bjj, would you recomend this for a novice?

cheers

yes, yes, yes and yes again.... no experience is needed for bjj.... infact it helps some times because you have no bad habbits from other forms..

Hey Barra the less said about my bad habits the better! Your worst habit is knee on the stomach-some day I will puke on you!!