City Cars - Not impressed!

After two separate incidents this evening:

One - in McDonalds drive through where a City Cars taxi was waiting for someone and instead of pulling to a space after it was obvious that whoever he was waiting for was not coming any time soon, decided to wait just in front of the pedestrian crossing and hold up the lines of cars waiting to get out both from the drive through queue and the queue driving in.

The second - where a City Cars taxi was pulled up on zig zags on a busy road in front of a pedestrian crossing, forcing other drivers to actually go round him on the crossing!

It's just sheer ignorance, I know, but acts like this might cost someone their life.

Other taxi firms are just as bad. Not sure where a lot of these drivers learned to drive or how they managed to pass a test. Bus drivers can be as bad.

In these cases, especially the latter one. Make a note of both plate numbers, location & time and report it to the licencing dept.

SCC taxi licencing dept can only do something about it if they are informed.

There was a Mercury taxi stopped in the middle of the road the other day opposite the petrol station on Crookes. The petrol station was closed as it was having a delivery - but why the driver didn't pull to the side beats me!

There was a Mercury taxi stopped in the middle of the road the other day opposite the petrol station on Crookes. The petrol station was closed as it was having a delivery - but why the driver didn't pull to the side beats me!

Had it started to turn into the petrol station?

In these cases, especially the latter one. Make a note of both plate numbers, location & time and report it to the licencing dept.

SCC taxi licencing dept can only do something about it if they are informed.

They will do nothing a totally ineffective bunch, if you complain they will suddenly find 2 other ' independent ' witnesses to back up the taxi drivers claim

They will do nothing a totally ineffective bunch, if you complain they will suddenly find 2 other ' independent ' witnesses to back up the taxi drivers claim

Are you being sarcastic?:huh:

I Think you will find the School Run Gang Breaking all the Laws off the Road but since I am too Busy with Life I won't be airing every single one I see Day in Day Out on Here

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I Think you will find the School Run Gang Breaking all the Laws off the Road but since I am too Busy with Life I won't be airing every single one I see Day in Day Out on Here

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

As I see it these drivers are endangering lives by their actions, so I think it is worth highlighting. If it makes someone think before doing it next time, then it might just save a life, so I think it's worth doing.

As I said, in the two incidents both cars were clearly marked City Cars, but I also said that I'm sure it's not an exlusive trait of City Cars drivers, neither do I hold the belief that all City Cars drivers drive without respect for other road users and the safety of pedestrians, including yourself.

If enough complaints land on their desk then they'll have to do something.

Plus, just about everyone has a cameraphone these days. If a taxi is parked illegally, blocking traffic etc. Take a pic (if safe to do so). Little bit hard to argue with witnesses.

Other taxi firms are just as bad. Not sure where a lot of these drivers learned to drive or how they managed to pass a test.

I don't think that's true. I always use Network because I think (from my experience inside and outside their cars) their drivers are more considerate than average. (I have no connection with the company.)

I don't think that's true. I always use Network because I think (from my experience inside and outside their cars) their drivers are more considerate than average. (I have no connection with the company.)

Network are the WORST!!! One driver once had road rage whilst I was in the car and blocked a road sideways so another car couldnt get past. Scary, delayed my journey and totally uncalled for!!!

Never used them again, terrible drivers!!!