Where to get complete letter box kit for old UPVC door?

Our letter box had fallen apart, have unscrewed it and want to visit a shop with it tomorrow to get a replacement - preferably somewhere who knows what they are talking about as it is old and doesn't seem to be a standard fitment

any suggestion please as google has failed me, thanks

Got one from B and Q, found it was cheaper to purchse a door kit than the letter box on its own, it had a letter box complete and door handles around £16.

Having just gone through the hassle of this, getting the correct sized new letter box (had to go online), getting the tools to slightly enlarge the existing hole, realising it was too deep and having to trim it down...I think it's often easier to get a new door!

Mattenmurg, yes it was too deep and needed trimming, apart from that it was ok thank goodness.

Mattenmurg, yes it was too deep and needed trimming, apart from that it was ok thank goodness.

You were lucky. If mine ever breaks again I will buy a new door or move!

Or just tape over a flap of cardboard. Lo fi! :hihi:

Why not try a company that makes and fits doors, they might just be able to replace the letterbox for you.

They are normally 10" or 12" or it could be a slimline, try :-

Spotonwindows

101 Chesterfield road

S8 0RN

they stock them :)

thanks folks, the door is not that old so replacement seems a bit excessive

The slot measures as a 10" but the fixtures don't seem standard. S8 is handy so will drop down to Chesterfield tomorrow

Sorry dont use B&Q as a rule, they often sell tat for silly prices and don't seem to know much about it either - would rather find a friendly local firm who can help me out

thanks folks, the door is not that old so replacement seems a bit excessive

The slot measures as a 10" but the fixtures don't seem standard. S8 is handy so will drop down to Chesterfield tomorrow

Sorry dont use B&Q as a rule, they often sell tat for silly prices and don't seem to know much about it either - would rather find a friendly local firm who can help me out

eBay. We needed a very odd sized door mechanism for our upvc door and tried loads of places with no success. Found the right sized mechanism and a good price delivered in a day from eBay. I'll see if I can find the seller.

i just got and fitted one from

The ebay one looks the cheapest, but similar ones are available from Screwfix/Toolstation.