Best local Perch fishing ?

Preferably with a stalking/roaming approach, using spinners and spoons, as i no longer use live baits, including lobworms.

I'm not necessarily looking for super specimens, but the chance of a 3lb + would be an added bonus.

I know info like this isn't generally shared, but i have contributed in this section for a good while now, so maybe someone will throw me a bone ?

there are some big perch in underbank but being a big water, location is the problem. dam flask may hold some as well.

there are some big perch in underbank but being a big water, location is the problem. dam flask may hold some as well.

these are good perch venues you are right charliewag,but the trouble with locating the perch is finding were they are in my book

@MEGALITHIC try fishing man made structures like sunk houses or damn walls,also overhanging trees or marginal reed were there pray fish will be hiding or just chilling out

i see and appreciate your point about not using maggot or worm because you are vegetarian,am i right?

consider catching a roach and using it as live bait by hooking it through the tail with a size 10 whisker barb and ledgering it,hooking it in this way will not kill it and will also corse the roach to swim AWAY from yiur rig and avoid false liners

most bailiffs dont allow livebaiting so dont let on,but bare in mind that this is what perch naturaly eat in nature and you will be able to release the roach after you have finished which will not effect your vegetarian religion(?)

if i am rong about you being vegetarian,you might consider killing the roach or even the perch if it is not very big and using it as excellent dead bait for piking

one last thing megalithic is to have a try for perch on your local commercial,they are stuffed with small fish which the perch grow VERY big on.

i caught a british record on a comercial water so dont over look them

tigt lines

Preferably with a stalking/roaming approach, using spinners and spoons, as i no longer use live baits, including lobworms.

I'm not necessarily looking for super specimens, but the chance of a 3lb + would be an added bonus.

I know info like this isn't generally shared, but i have contributed in this section for a good while now, so maybe someone will throw me a bone ?

Bloody hell Meg I wish you would use lobworms for bait :hihi::hihi::hihi:

I've got some nice parrots and they do enjoy lobworms. But they must be nice and tasty.

Me ? vegetarian ?

I nearly dropped my burger ! :hihi:

Cheers all.

Crooked park has got some really big perch 3lb+,if you can get some minnows from the don you'll more than likely get one,seen them go for other small perch and roach when fishing up there

Bloody hell Meg I wish you would use lobworms for bait :hihi::hihi::hihi:

What size hook would you use for lobworm Dave. :hihi:

Dam flask holds some big perch had a 3.5 lb out near boat house

Dam flask holds some big perch had a 3.5 lb out near boat house

thats is a good fish kevan658 and only 9oz less than the one i caught at the damn wall in 2009

---------- Post added 16-03-2014 at 10:50 ----------

Me ? vegetarian ?

I nearly dropped my burger ! :hihi:

Cheers all.

you welcome megalithic,if you want ti go perch fishing I take people on very cheap day trips to some of the best venues in our area which includes were i caiught my record fish

private email me fir info :-)

perch is one fish I have never caught at 1lb or above, get plenty of tiddler perch, but would like to catch a 2lb one day. I think they are a lovely fish, ive targeted them but never had any luck. I will keep trying. im determined to land a decent sized perch, will give rivers another go when river season opens again and might try spinning for them at flask.