Sign in to follow this  

More Men at Slimming World?

I would agree that generally speaking it is women who put women under pressure to be very thin, rather than men. I also agree that larger women can be just as attractive. Purely on a point of information, though, I would point out that the vast majority of women who attend the Slimming World class I go to are average size or less and I do wonder why many of them want to lose weight at all.

Quick question for ousetunes...

Can larger ladies not be good looking? Do all larger ladies you've met wear lycra?

Perhaps this post is not necessary but I think you need to review your stereotypical ways.

Lou x

My point is that some people of a larger size don't always make the right decision in what they wear, whether to the gym or whilst out and about. My view is no more stereotypical than your over-exagerated response.

Some folk seem to draw attention to themselves by wearing skin tight lycra in the gym or a crop T shirt in the street when there are much more suitable alternatives. By trying to fit in with their fit counterparts they just make themselves look rather silly.

I'm not for one moment saying larger ladies can't be good looking (where did you get that from? It's quite the contrary infact). But I admit I don't particularly find the sight of a wheel or two of stomach spilling out of a crop-top all that attractive either.

I commend anyone who manages to get themselves down to the gym and do something about their weight. The problem seems to be that after two weeks they suddenly think they've developed a body like (insert super model here) and believe they can start dressing like them.

Thus, my initial comment stands: Lycra and large women does not a good combination make.

That is sometimes the case, but I feel generally that women. more than men, are never happy with how they look. It doesn't matter whether someone has 1/2 stone to lose or 10 stones to lose, that weight loss will be so important to them.When people first join, their self esteem is low, they feel bad about themselves, but when they start to lose weight, the change in them is incredible. I must say too that the men in my class , Big Rod included, are as much an asset as the lady members - they offer encouragement to the other members and I love having them in group.

The more the merrier.

Good Luck with your weight loss and healthy eating.Let us know how you get on.

Yes we could do with a few more men in class, as I feel they can help each other, but everyone is welcome and I am still passionate about helping people into healthy eating habits - losing weight is just a bonus!

i totally agree with you babsie. I go to the class in Hillsborough with my mom. Staying to the class i feel is the best thing to do. you find out tips and idea's on different recipe's, and you get the support you need when you have a bad week.

Keep eating all that Free Food and good luck to you and your mum!

Keep eating all that Free Food and good luck to you and your mum!

Thanks Babsie:thumbsup: will do.

people need to post more often about slimmin world. it helps people get that boost they need between their weigh ins :)

Have you ever used Lifeline online on the Slimming World website.

You can log your weight progress on there - it's a brilliant site, but you need the password from class each week to log on.

In the meantime, keep going, stay to class, enjoy your food- you'll get there!:)

Have you ever used Lifeline online on the Slimming World website.

You can log your weight progress on there - it's a brilliant site, but you need the password from class each week to log on.

In the meantime, keep going, stay to class, enjoy your food- you'll get there!:)

yeah i go on it quite a bit. im pretty lucky really as i dont have to worry much about making different recipe's as i have my mom and i still live with her :hihi:

so im pretty lucky really. but its good for predicting the date when you will hit ur target (if u keep losing each week that is)

So, where were you all last night!. Paul was all on his own - but happy with his 2 pounds lost, but really missed you all - and the ladies - was it the weather?

But seriously - Spring will soon be here and we can look forward to fresh air and sunshine!

I go to Weight Watchers and I'm the only bloke at my class too. I think what other posters have said about there being more pressure on women to lose weight is probably correct.

However, I went for myself, nobody else - a year ago I was 18 and a half stone and was getting worried for my health. 12 months later I've lost 3 stone and feel better than ever. It's a shame that there still seems to be a stigma about men going but I'm very glad that I went.

It's not embarrassing for me to go to WW, I'm really proud of what I've achieved. If any men are worried about their weight, I would certainly recommend both Weight Watchers and Slimming World, they do a great job.

Murph - absolutely brilliant!.

I am so pleased for you. 3 Stones is a lot to lose and I know that you will be feeling fantastic about yourself now. Keep it up!