Sign in to follow this  

More Men at Slimming World?

I'm one of only 2 or 3 guys that attend the excellent Slimming World meetings in Swallownest on a Thursday night, run the by the wonderful Barbara - who encourages us all immensely. It's working well, much better and easier to follow than weightwatchers.

But us guys do feel a bit outnumbered - there's ten women to every bloke! Where are you all? We need reinforcements! (grin).

there's ten women to every bloke!

Sounds like a dream situation for most blokes.

Yes Nick2, only, they happen to be 'large girls', and as we know, 'large girls' and lycra, does not a good combination make.:hihi:

I go to weightwatchers where women greatly out number us blokes. The trick is don`t stay for the meeting. Go, get weighed and get out.

DUST, anyone noone anyone, DUST :D .................. Are you on the pull? why else would you be there? ;)

When I was at Slimming World there was always one bloke and occasionally a couple of couples together, but always more women than men.

What I need now is someone who will give me syn values of stuff without me having to rejoin ;)

I go to Slimming World and there is one other man in the class. We were joint slimmer's of the week last night! I don't mention it in general company though, bit of a stigma.

Quick question for ousetunes...

Can larger ladies not be good looking? Do all larger ladies you've met wear lycra?

I for one class myself as a larger lady, I'm 5ft8 with blonde curly hair and green eyes. I'm size 18 and attend Slimming World classes. Ok so I'm not a size 10, but quite frankly I'm not all that bothered. I'm big and beautiful and more than happy.

Perhaps this post is not necessary but I think you need to review your stereotypical ways and big rod.... good luck at slimming world.

Lou x

Good on you, Lou! Attractiveness is NOT just about size! Personally, I hate stick-thin girls... you can keep Kate Moss - I've I'm going to have someone to cuddle up to, I'd kind of like them to be worth cuddling! :-)

Yes we could do with a few more men in class, as I feel they can help each other, but everyone is welcome and I am still passionate about helping people into healthy eating habits - losing weight is just a bonus!

Good on you, Lou! Attractiveness is NOT just about size! Personally, I hate stick-thin girls... you can keep Kate Moss - I've I'm going to have someone to cuddle up to, I'd kind of like them to be worth cuddling! :-)

You're right Big Rod and if you like a Cuddly woman i can see why you go to weight watchers, you must be like a kid in a candy shop :hihi:

Seriously now, good on you. I think women have more pressure on them to be thin, this pressure doesn't come from us guys (as debated before) but from women in general. I think blokes are for more likely to be content with who and how we are, and then there's the stigma of going being a bloke going to this kind of thing.

There are some interesting points here, but at Slimming World we are all equal, and because there is increased pressure to look 'good' we concentrate on the healthy eating aspect - weight loss being a by-product of this.

We concentrate on good fresh food that doesn't have to be weighed and measured - and lots of it - with the occasional treat, whether it be wine,beer,chocolate, chips, lovely white bread!

We include the recommended daily intake of calcium and fibre and I have never known anyone be hungry whilst food optimising.

Men , generally lose weight more quickly than women, mainly because once they have made the decision to do something about their eating habits, they tend to stick to it until they are happy with their weight, but in all cases of weight loss and keeping the weight off, it has been a life changing experience.

So, remember the first step is always the hardest, but once that's done, there will be no going back.