Toby Foster why is he back on Radio Sheffield?

Maybe I just love the style of questioning that rattles people. After Toby's slot ends I switch onto LBC. Some of the presenters like Larry Lamb are great

Compare him to the bland scouser Bob Walmsley who stood in whilst he was away!!! Toby is far better unfortunately nobody in this nation can stand anybody who may have an opinion hence the poor quality of most radio (and tv) output.

When Toby was off the other week I switched back to Talksport.

He can be annoying at times, but generally I like listening to Toby.

Regards

Doom

---------- Post added 01-05-2014 at 07:34 ----------

its on know

What was said about this initiative to pay pregnant women not to smoke?

Regards

Doom

What was said about this initiative to pay pregnant women not to smoke?

Regards

Doom

One of the 'contributors' sent a text in saying that mums who smoke are unfit to be parents who should be heavily fined and have their kids taken off them.

I thought the heavy fine was a bit unfair

One of the 'contributors' sent a text in saying that mums who smoke are unfit to be parents who should be heavily fined and have their kids taken off them.

I thought the heavy fine was a bit unfair

:hihi:

Regards

Doom

Did anybody hear the story this morning about pregnant women being paid to stop smoking in Chesterfield?

I didn't hear the story itself, only that they were going to be discussing it.

If this is true what a ridiculous waste of money and discrimination against women who don't smoke.

If the health of your unborn child isn't enough of an incentive not to smoke, why should money be?

I'd be interested to read what exactly was said.

Regards

Doom

I only caught the last few minutes, but to answer your earlier question, some female do-gooder (a chief executive of some do-gooding organisation) was promoting the idea of rewarding mums-to-be with money if they gave up smoking when pregnant and stayed off the ciggies for several months after the birth.

The idea is that the newborn baby would be less at risk of asthma and low birth weight, which costs the NHS less in the long run.

I only caught the last few minutes, but to answer your earlier question, some female do-gooder (a chief executive of some do-gooding organisation) was promoting the idea of rewarding mums-to-be with money if they gave up smoking when pregnant and stayed off the ciggies for several months after the birth.

The idea is that the newborn baby would be less at risk of asthma and low birth weight, which costs the NHS less in the long run.

It was a study to see if financial incentives could be effective

And it was a year ago

http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2393/13/66

It sounds very much like the scheme a few years ago that rewarded naughty children with holidays abroad for not misbehaving.

Whilst statistically it might be proved to work, such schemes don't rest well with me because they're effectively punishing responsible people.

Regards

Doom

So where do you buy these radios that only have one channel radio sheffield? if you dont like him turn the channel over!!!

Don't think some people understand how many Stations out there

He did however have a gay couplle on interviewing for their upcoming civil wedding and that was very interesting :-)

I remember that interview; it was probably his most cringeworthy interview ever :roll:

I was expecting some Tobyism's such as: "Why do you gays want to marry? Do you want to be as miserable as the rest of us?"

But... all he did was ask about their "wedding plans" for the day :gag:

Disappointing, Toby, very very disappointing...

He is getting worse, the way he laced into that pensioner yesterday was unforgivable.

Is this the one he accused of theft because they're refusing to pay their train fares? He's had a few interviews with those groups over the last few weeks and while I do appreciate that Toby can be a forceful interviewer, quite often he's too busy point-scoring against interviewees and trying to make them look stupid instead of getting the facts of the story, such as his kerfuffle with the lawyer regarding Sky Sports footy in pubs yesterday. The lawyer handled himself admirably (as you'd expect from somebody who argues all day for a living) and did make Toby look like an oaf.

I suspect Toby is secretly a Lib Dem. He's very civil when interviewing Nick Clegg or Paul Scriven, but always lays into Julie Dore.

Or maybe he's just polite to the people he's interviewing live in the studio in case they lean over and deck him :hihi:

I remember that interview; it was probably his most cringeworthy interview ever :roll:

I was expecting some Tobyism's such as: "Why do you gays want to marry? Do you want to be as miserable as the rest of us?"

But... all he did was ask about their "wedding plans" for the day :gag:

Disappointing, Toby, very very disappointing...

Is this the one he accused of theft because they're refusing to pay their train fares? He's had a few interviews with those groups over the last few weeks and while I do appreciate that Toby can be a forceful interviewer, quite often he's too busy point-scoring against interviewees and trying to make them look stupid instead of getting the facts of the story, such as his kerfuffle with the lawyer regarding Sky Sports footy in pubs yesterday. The lawyer handled himself admirably (as you'd expect from somebody who argues all day for a living) and did make Toby look like an oaf.

I suspect Toby is secretly a Lib Dem. He's very civil when interviewing Nick Clegg or Paul Scriven, but always lays into Julie Dore.

Or maybe he's just polite to the people he's interviewing live in the studio in case they lean over and deck him :hihi:

My Bold

Thats the one

Edited by kidley

It sounds very much like the scheme a few years ago that rewarded naughty children with holidays abroad for not misbehaving.

Whilst statistically it might be proved to work, such schemes don't rest well with me because they're effectively punishing responsible people.

Regards

Doom

What scheme is this?