Wire mill dam new stock added

As Stated

TO ALL PERMIT HOLDERS

WIREMILL DAM FISHERY.

THE DAM HAS BEEN STOCKED WITH AROUND 200 MIRROR AND COMMON CARP.

THE FISH ARE AROUND 1LB IN WEIGHT AND WENT IN ON SATURDAY 8TH MARCH.

THESE FISH ARE HUNGRY AND WILL GIVE A GOOD FIGHT WHEN HOOKED.

Is this open to permit holders only or is it still available to fish on a day ticket?

if this is true i worry for the wellbieng of the fish

wiremill is very silted up and is only 2 feet deep at its most deepest part,adding 200lbs of fish to a very already small and over stocked fishery is going to create a problem for the new and existing stock in my book

if this is true i worry for the wellbieng of the fish

wiremill is very silted up and is only 2 feet deep at its most deepest part,adding 200lbs of fish to a very already small and over stocked fishery is going to create a problem for the new and existing stock in my book

are you in the right place as there are 2 ponds?

are you in the right place as there are 2 ponds?

No there's not, there is only one pond at Wire Mill and I agree it is very silted up.

Way to go, turning an almost naturally stocked pond into a carp puddle. Idiots.

No there's not, there is only one pond at Wire Mill and I agree it is very silted up.

it is mandem,i think matsalleh is maybe thinking off forge as the other pind,but that is even worse still in my book. could he be refering to the pond in bingham park maybe? that is a syndicate lake I think

it is mandem,i think matsalleh is maybe thinking off forge as the other pind,but that is even worse still in my book. could he be refering to the pond in bingham park maybe? that is a syndicate lake I think

http://www.yorkshirefishing.net/index.php/south-yorkshire-venues/433-wire-mill-dam

I have fished here many times and know where it is!

The entrance side is about 5ft deep and then tails off at the far end large carp used to be among the lily pads.I have not been for about 18 months.

Edited by matsalleh
linky

http://www.yorkshirefishing.net/index.php/south-yorkshire-venues/433-wire-mill-dam

I have fished here many times and know where it is!

The entrance side is about 5ft deep and then tails off at the far end large carp used to be among the lily pads.I have not been for about 18 months.

wheres the two ponds then

I can't believe this as happened do you really know what you are doing to this pond ?.. By adding carp you will ruin one of the only naturally stocked crucian carp ponds in the region.iv fished wiremill for nearly thirty years why,because it's a great place to fish and you never know what your going to get next not like carp puddles,really upset by this stocking and well done on ruining the best pond in sheffield,

Plus the carp you've put in will only add to the silt problem as you will find out in time

I can't believe this as happened do you really know what you are doing to this pond ?.. By adding carp you will ruin one of the only naturally stocked crucian carp ponds in the region.iv fished wiremill for nearly thirty years why,because it's a great place to fish and you never know what your going to get next not like carp puddles,really upset by this stocking and well done on ruining the best pond in sheffield,

Plus the carp you've put in will only add to the silt problem as you will find out in time

Well said Weeman72. This is not stupid, it's downright incredulous... Why spoil what was a fine little pond. With the amount of walkers going past wiremill these carp will soon fatten up on the bread that is thrown in for the ducks. :loopy:

It's really upset me that one of the few natural ponds left as had this done to it.

It didn't need it there's plenty of fish in there trust me iv had 80lb plus of silvers tench and crucian.

By adding these carp do they realise that they will breed with the crucian and in a few years the true crucian will be no more :mad::mad::mad:

Please leave this fine pond alone