New fire station plans on greenbelt close to Bowden Wood

It's stupid, imagine all the accidents its going to cause there right next to the parkway! It'll look gross. They wouldn't dare build it on the other side of town like Totley and what not, seems like Handsworth is getting worse, I mean littering is worse due to that mcdonalds and now we're getting a monstrous fire-station on a lovely piece of land which only a few years ago they made all nice since before it was waste land. Next thing you know they'll cut down the woods...

Living close by, I have no objections as such, but there is a public footpath going through the site, we'll lose that, also is there any chance of it polluting the Brook that runs a little lower down from the site ?

It's stupid, imagine all the accidents its going to cause there right next to the parkway! It'll look gross. They wouldn't dare build it on the other side of town like Totley and what not, seems like Handsworth is getting worse, I mean littering is worse due to that mcdonalds and now we're getting a monstrous fire-station on a lovely piece of land which only a few years ago they made all nice since before it was waste land. Next thing you know they'll cut down the woods...

They had to tidy it up because the the extra curricular activities that took place at night (most nights) plus do you not having a fire station on your door step has its advantages, I for one as all for it and if the fire brigade can get to me quicker I cannot see what the issue is.

The land it's to be build on also has no use apart from a path that runs up to the parkway which can easily be re routed around it.

With regards to litter McDonald's opening has made no difference, all the rubbish I've noticed is from asda.

You do know that the Fire Engines won't just come tearing out on to the Parkway like Starsky & Hutch?

"Monstrous fire station" "Look gross"

Can you link me up to a copy of the pictures/plans you've quite obviously seen then? Also, why would they should build a fire station at Totley, considering they're closing the Darnall AND Manor Top ones?

Some people are never happy. Build one the other side of Attercliffe/Tinsley, you'd be moaning that they are leaving Handsworth without adequate fire cover.

I can't remember that bit of land actually ever being "nice" TBH. It was always either a football pitch, or just a bit of open ground.

Edited by gremlin_mick

I think they have taken enough trees out of that area in last few years, and some new sapling were planted right on the banking just a year or so ago. whats up with the fire station a top of intake?

They wont have to remove trees as trees were never there in the first place.

Just imagine if they built one at Aston right next to the M1, just think of the carnage :rolleyes:

And it has always been a Plateau (correct spelling?) no trees have ever been on there and just because its open grassland doesn't mean its wasteland.