New fire station plans on greenbelt close to Bowden Wood

We used to play football on there many years ago, but recently it's just turned into unkempt grassland. As long as I can still walk that way to the Asda, I'm not bothered.

Turning it back into woodland would be nice, but a fire station is better than a retail park or something similar.

There's a meeting on March 11th at the town hall, 1.30 - 2pm to discuss this. I for one hope permission isn't given. Green belt land needs protecting.

There's a meeting on March 11th at the town hall, 1.30 - 2pm to discuss this. I for one hope permission isn't given. Green belt land needs protecting.

Where it's going to be built has be an eyesore wasteland for decade. Nothing "Green" about it.

Fair enough don't take out any of the existing trees but the transforming that hole into something that will save lives is a no-brainer.

One modern state-of-the-art station has got to be better than 2 old fashioned ones that aren't fit for purpose surely ?

How does closing 2 fire stations and replacing these with a state of the art fire station save lives? It's the amount of fire engines accompanied with firefighters that save lives not bricks and mortar.

Also the proposal at this station will house 1 whole time pump and 1 pump to be staffed by on-call firefighters at night so what exactly is state of the art about this! I call it a reduction in fire cover for all surrounding areas but so what at least it's state of the art.

Definitely not on greenbelt land if it happens here where will be built on next...

I think they have taken enough trees out of that area in last few years, and some new sapling were planted right on the banking just a year or so ago. whats up with the fire station a top of intake?

How does closing 2 fire stations and replacing these with a state of the art fire station save lives? It's the amount of fire engines accompanied with firefighters that save lives not bricks and mortar.

Also the proposal at this station will house 1 whole time pump and 1 pump to be staffed by on-call firefighters at night so what exactly is state of the art about this! I call it a reduction in fire cover for all surrounding areas but so what at least it's state of the art.

And you have some links to support this claim ?

I think they have taken enough trees out of that area in last few years, and some new sapling were planted right on the banking just a year or so ago. whats up with the fire station a top of intake?
Absolutely nothing, I hope the council see sense and tell them to poke it.

Links to support what claim. Not sure what your asking but I'm against the proposal for the simple reason of what it means in relation to a reduction in fire cover.

FACT.

Thats the thing. The area they want to build on looks awful. No trees, no bushes. It was left looking like a battlefield when the road contractors left a couple of years ago.

If the area is landscaped and done right after they build the station, it could look good again. If it's just a brick building stuck on the grass, it'll look awful.

The thing I'd be concerned about would be fire engines trying to get out onto the Parkway at 8am or 5pm. It's like a car park.

You quite clearly know nothing about the situation, Darnall and Mansfield Road fire stations have both lost a full time fire appliance in the last 2 years due to cuts not to mention the fact Elm Lane at Sheffield Lane Top lost their second appliance too, the new station is a way to cut further and reduce the protection given to the public .

Links to support what claim. Not sure what your asking but I'm against the proposal for the simple reason of what it means in relation to a reduction in fire cover.

FACT.

You quite clearly know nothing about the situation, Darnall and Mansfield Road fire stations have both lost a full time fire appliance in the last 2 years due to cuts not to mention the fact Elm Lane at Sheffield Lane Top lost their second appliance too, the new station is a way to cut further and reduce the protection given to the public .

Genuine question to both of you..what are the stats re call outs? Are they increasing/decreasing/staying the same?