New fire station plans on greenbelt close to Bowden Wood

Not seen it, would this be access to the parkway or prince of wales road? Is the area behind parkway ASDA also part of Bowden Wood?

Not when they are closing 2 stations to open 1 new one, Darnall and Mansfield Road stations will close under the proposals.

One modern state-of-the-art station has got to be better than 2 old fashioned ones that aren't fit for purpose surely ?

So if your map worked right, it's going to be built on that eyesore of a scrap-pile just off the Mosborough turn-off?

So if your map worked right, it's going to be built on that eyesore of a scrap-pile just off the Mosborough turn-off?

:) Yep, that's the place

One modern state-of-the-art station has got to be better than 2 old fashioned ones that aren't fit for purpose surely ?
Define fit for purpose for me, if they weren't fit for purpose they wouldn't currently be in use.

:) Yep, that's the place

Then there's no issue as far as I'm concerned. Turning an eyesore into something useful/life-saving.

Define fit for purpose for me, if they weren't fit for purpose they wouldn't currently be in use.

They are in use but need to be housed in a more modern building to be more efficient.

Have to move with the times mate.

Thanks, thought thats where it might be, it was always just scrub land off there and the big lay by that was there was of no use during the day :hihi:

Thanks, thought thats where it might be, it was always just scrub land off there and the big lay by that was there was of no use during the day :hihi:

Ha, yeah..... it used to be more popular at night. Apparently ;)

It all depends on the location. In this case if its on scrub land and doesn't take any of the woodland by the Parkway I don't think its a problem.

I disagree - if you planted a few saplings and left it alone, it would only take a few years for that scrub land to become treed and merge with the existing woods. And in any case, green belt isn't supposed to be just for woodland; scrubby heathland is also valuable green space.

Ha, yeah..... it used to be more popular at night. Apparently ;)

Correct Gaze it is directly behind me and I dont object

They are in use but need to be housed in a more modern building to be more efficient.

Have to move with the times mate.

So you have a full break down of the running costs of each station do you to compare against the cost of the new build and the fact that you have reduced the fire cover and response times in two stations firegrounds . I'll move with the times when I'm convinced that I'm receiving the best possible service for the taxes I pay.