Bob Crow has died..

The job of a union, and a union leader, is to protect the interests of the union members. Thanks to Bob Crow, train and tube drivers are pretty much the only 'working class' jobs in London that pay a decent enough wage to support a family.

Whether you like him or not, he did his job and did it well.

He wasn't afraid to stand up to politicians (and remember he spent half his time fighting a Labour government and a Labour Mayor of London).

If we had a few more like him, maybe other industries would be in a better position. This is a wealthy country and when there is so much hatred towards the bankers, it surprises me that some people vilify Bob Crow for standing up for the ordinary man.

And even if you did disagree with what he stood for, even if like me you've had to endure bus journeys from hell because the tube was on strike (again), even if you own shares in First Group or Stagecoach and are angry that your dividend wasn't as big as it could have been... 52 is no age to go. RIP Bob. We won't see the likes of you again.

The job of a union, and a union leader, is to protect the interests of the union members. Thanks to Bob Crow, train and tube drivers are pretty much the only 'working class' jobs in London that pay a decent enough wage to support a family.

Whether you like him or not, he did his job and did it well.

He wasn't afraid to stand up to politicians (and remember he spent half his time fighting a Labour government and a Labour Mayor of London).

If we had a few more like him, maybe other industries would be in a better position. This is a wealthy country and when there is so much hatred towards the bankers, it surprises me that some people vilify Bob Crow for standing up for the ordinary man.

And even if you did disagree with what he stood for, even if like me you've had to endure bus journeys from hell because the tube was on strike (again), even if you own shares in First Group or Stagecoach and are angry that your dividend wasn't as big as it could have been... 52 is no age to go. RIP Bob. We won't see the likes of you again.

Great post Andy, I liked Bob.

Crow went on to set out the aims of a trade unionist: "Job security, being safe, best possible pay, best possible conditions, decent pensions, and a world that lives in peace."

Edited by Stan Tamudo