Bob Crow has died..

if we had more like him the country would be on its back never mind its knees.

he wasn't appointed to represent the country - just his members - and he did a pretty good job of it as far as i can see

whether or not you liked the man, his politics, or unions generally, he was bloody good at what he did

if others in positions of power and authority were only half as good at their jobs, this country would be a much better place in which to live and work

I see that the empty headed and talentless media whore, Katie Hopkins, has used the death of Bob Crow to raise her media profile.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/news/katie-hopkins-continues-campaign-to-become-britains-mosthated-with-poorly-timed-tweet-9184095.html

Edited by Mister M

I see that the empty headed and talentless media whore, Katie Hopkins, has used the death of Bob Crow to raise her media profile.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/news/katie-hopkins-continues-campaign-to-become-britains-mosthated-with-poorly-timed-tweet-9184095.html

I think this article hits the nail on the head as far as that woman is concerned

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/owen-jones-on-the-big-benefits-row-the-hopkinsisation-of-political-discourse-9106227.html

Basically Hopkins's schtick is to oh-so-subversively repeat the mantra of mainstream politicians and journalists about people at the bottom of society, but with even fewer facts and more venom. It's just panto (which I reckon is where Hopkins will end up when the media requests dry up). She was even practising arching her eyebrow - a facial expression she's inexplicably very proud of. “They're just lazy.” Booooo! “I don't care about anyone else.” Boooo!

The producers justified booking her on the basis that she got a response; I suggested that the same could be said about a live execution, but that probably wasn't an argument in its favour. And so producers will keep ringing her agent so long as people keep agreeing to “debate” with her, and the Hopkinsisation of political discourse will continue.

And then there was Edwina Currie, best known for a scandal involving eggs and boasting about her escapades with a former Prime Minister. Hopkins has moved in on Currie territory, and so an arms race has begun. On the Channel 5 programme on Monday, Currie was put on the same panel as Jack Monroe, a brilliant writer and inspirational campaigner with first-hand experience of poverty and food banks. She began confronting Currie with facts, the one thing Currie seemed to be bereft of. And so Currie's comeback was - wait for it - to bring up Monroe's dead grandfather.

The likes of Hopkins and Currie are a fascinating aspect of modern culture, with their outrageous politically incorrect opinions they have for money, to paraphrase Stewart Lee on Jeremy Clarkson. Going on TV is not something I hugely enjoy, to be brutally honest - it's just a means to get a point across - but for the professional troll, nothing beats the limelight, even if everybody is booing. But I feel genuine pity for intelligent right-wingers out there (and yes, they do exist!). They're being replaced by pantomime villains. Personally, I relish taking someone on who knows their facts. But ratings are ratings, and so the circus goes on.

Such a pity these crass morons get wheeled out into public view soley because they're going to say something stupid.

Now Bob Crow's gone who's going to tell poor little Ed Milliband what to think?

The RMT and Labour have long since disaffliated but hey, why bother letting inconvenient things like facts get in the way?

---------- Post added 12-03-2014 at 12:35 ----------

Actually I don't think they will. That sort of disgusting spectacle seems to be the preserve of the hard left.

I think there's been a few comments on this thread that have made a mockery of this claim....

Considering today he's pretty much wheeled out a several year old Tory policy it does make you think.

Considering today he's pretty much wheeled out a several year old Tory policy it does make you think.

isn't a good idea a good idea irrespective of who suggests it?

Not really.

and I thought Labours stance was solely anti everything the government says.

Not really.

and I thought Labours stance was solely anti everything the government says.

so you only judge the merit of an idea based on who suggests it? rather than on the idea itself?

and if you really did think labour's stance is anti everything the government says, i would respectfully suggest you think again - they obviously differ on many things, but no opposition opposes all government policy just for the sake of it

Didn't agree with his politics and yet strangely, I found myself agreeing with him on a number of issues when he appeared on Question Time.

52 to is no age. R.I.P.