Bob Crow has died..

He got his members decent pay and conditions that all workers should enjoy, it is not a race to the bottom. Far more people could have the same if we had a bit more balance and equality accross the workforce.

Back to the good old days of the Victorian era eh Penistone? Dear me.

he looked like he could have done with chilling and going fishing and relaxing with nature.

We'll all be doing that when we've lost our jobs and been sold down the river ...

£140k a year? Not enough, really worth every penny..he never argued it though, neither did rank and file. If only those at the top being paid for MASSIVE failures had the same integrity and regard for those he was charged with..well, if only!

The only problem now is who fills his boots?

A big man who will be missed.

Thatcher was worth 100 Bob Crows. Despite that though, RIP. No-one deserves to die at such a young age.

No one is forced to work for an employer , If you don't like the terms and conditions of your employment you are free to leave and work elsewhere.

Dimwit post of the month. "Terms and conditions" were the driving force of his commitment you fool.

where is the libel???? you saying its libel is nonsense.

as for making the union grow he only made the ridiculous demands on the transport services to bolster his own ends and reputation as do all union leaders if we had more like him the country would be on its back never mind its knees. having said all that condolences to his family and friends.

he looked like he could have done with chilling and going fishing and relaxing with nature.

Welcome back ab, it's just like the old days on here what with you and my old mate Desmundo.

Dimwit post of the month.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

That's high praise indeed but have you missed the stellar contributions from ivanava, kidley and southcoast?

Sorry but I have very little respect for the man who said on the death of Margaret Thatcher, " I will not shed a single tear, I hope she rots in hell."

Considering he was an atheist I guess you didn't understand that as a euphemism. I'm an atheist and I wish she'd rot in hell...as do millions of other atheists too. :roll:

---------- Post added 11-03-2014 at 20:52 ----------

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

That's high praise indeed but have you missed the stellar contributions from ivanava, kidley and southcoast?

Posts seem to have gone AWOL. I guess it went a bit Halal in places huh?

---------- Post added 11-03-2014 at 20:54 ----------

Bloody typical, know the cost of everything and the value of nothing.

I read it as 100 bob crowns.:D

Just to be clear, the irony of pro union sorts criticising those who criticised Crow today is not lost on me.

Thread extensively pruned. This thread is about Bob Crow, not anybody else, and as is traditional when someone dies, if you can't think of something of worth to offer, please don't bother posting at all.

No one is forced to work for an employer , If you don't like the terms and conditions of your employment you are free to leave and work elsewhere.

What, for nother employer you mean?

What, for nother employer you mean?[/quote

He was a genuine throwback, even if you do not agree with his policies and his outlook, he was a refreshing change from the cardboard cut outs that populate public life in 2014.

Whatever your politics, the country is worse off for the loss of this man.