Bob Crow has died..

There's quite a bit of evidence to the contrary on this very thread.

A sad loss. Too young.

Indeed there is far too much on here. Perhaps they should take nil nisi bonum to heart...

Regardless of the mans politics he fought tirelessly for his union and it's members and as you say 52 is far too soon to go with your life's work unfinished.

Try telling that to his partner and 4 kids who are mourning his passing, you pillock, 52 no age no matter what you feel RIP Bob.

^^^^^ i couldn't have worded it better ^^^^^

Are you joking ? All he was interested in was junkets abroad,no great loss.

Union bosses deserve holidays like anybody.

Edited by SevenRivers

A real shame that he has died. He has played his part in ensuring rail workers have decent T's & C's and pay, and that the railway has an excellent safety record. I for one will miss him.

Actually I don't think they will. That sort of disgusting spectacle seems to be the preserve of the hard left.

It would seem that you are wrong. On this Daily Mail article the comments section is quite revealing with even short respectful comments like 'Very sad news' and 'Rest in peace' getting the heavy thumbs down treatment.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2578155/BREAKING-NEWS-Bob-Crow-Rail-Maritime-Transport-union-leader-died-52.html

The hate is well and truly alive.

Ive no time what so ever for Trade Unions , any of them because they exist purely to try and hold the Government and employers to ransom. I may not agree with what he did but 52 is no age to go .

But if you were under the kosh from your employer, you'd want Crow on your side. Never met him so I'll reserve judgement of his personal character but you can't deny there was a concerted effort by the media to try and turn public opinion against him

Try telling that to his partner and 4 kids who are mourning his passing, you pillock, 52 no age no matter what you feel RIP Bob.

Very well said :)

I hope the whole rail network shuts down for the day out of respect, on the day of his funeral. He was the working man's hero.

RIP Bob.

Are you joking ? All he was interested in was junkets abroad,no great loss.

A bit like a couple of Sheffield M.Ps and Council officials I can think of.

Ive no time what so ever for Trade Unions , any of them because they exist purely to try and hold the Government and employers to ransom. I may not agree with what he did but 52 is no age to go .

That post is almost libellous it's such nonsense...

By no means perfect, but a man who managed to make a Union grow, and get a good deal and fair pay from his members from top to bottom, we'd be far better off with more like him.

Edited by quiff

But if you were under the kosh from your employer, you'd want Crow on your side. Never met him so I'll reserve judgement of his personal character but you can't deny there was a concerted effort by the media to try and turn public opinion against him

No one is forced to work for an employer , If you don't like the terms and conditions of your employment you are free to leave and work elsewhere.

That post is almost libellous it's such nonsense...

By no means perfect, but a man who managed to make a Union grow, and get a good deal and fair pay from his members from top to bottom, we'd be far better off with more like him.

where is the libel???? you saying its libel is nonsense.

as for making the union grow he only made the ridiculous demands on the transport services to bolster his own ends and reputation as do all union leaders if we had more like him the country would be on its back never mind its knees. having said all that condolences to his family and friends.

he looked like he could have done with chilling and going fishing and relaxing with nature.