Bob Crow has died..

52 is no age to go.

His members have lost a very effective leader, and the wider labour movement have lost a dedicated campaigner.

RIP

Another great character and champion of the living standards of working people lost.

Are you joking ? All he was interested in was junkets abroad,no great loss.

Another great character and champion of the living standards of working people lost.

another union leader who filled his boots whilst pretending to be a man of the working people, sad that anyone dies though especially at that age...gulp my age:(

I liked Bob Crow even though I didn't always agree with him. RIP.

another union leader who filled his boots whilst pretending to be a man of the working people, sad that anyone dies though especially at that age...gulp my age:(

But isn't that what some people on here advocate, filling their own boots, doing things for themselves etc?

Its tragic to see someone die at such a young age.

thats not very nice, i have also joined here to try and get out of a rut and i fish too, i dont win matches but i am trying my best to think of a job i can do whilst i fish.

His members voted and agreed his terms and conditions, what's your problem?

Bob Crow left school at 16. He wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth nor did he just earn money by cutting ribbons and pulling curtains. He was a skilled negotiator and speaker who never lost his temper and fought for the salary and safety of his members and workers.

He was so skilled at what he did, that various professions opted to join his union from London black taxi drivers to the firemen. Under his leadership, members got a better salary than most working class people in the country.

The man was good at his job and respected, if for that alone.

---------- Post added 11-03-2014 at 11:41 ----------

Are you aware for example that any salary sought by him, was democratically given with the approval of his fellow members. Unlike some unelected people in this country who do very little for a far higher income.

Under him, the RMT one of Britain's fastest growing trade unions, increased its membership by more than a third in the first five years of his leadership.

Edited by poppet2