M1 closed heading South between jn 35 and 34(10/3/14)

Anybody with any knowledge of Mental Health will know full well that it is not a choice! The arrogance and ignorance of some of these comments make me sick! That person must have been in an awful state leading up to the event. It's unbelievable that some of you feel no compassion. Obviously those of you have made such spiteful comments have never had to deal with a mental health issue ( and being in anti-depressants for a couple of months years ago doesn't count!) you have no idea how hard it is to live with unless you've been through it! My thoughts are with this person and his family.

Whilst I think he's an arrogant so and so, Stan Collymore is always an interesting listen when it comes to discussions on depression.

I used to have a similar attitude to some of the posters above, but listening to Stan did change my opinion.

It's certainly a very complex issue.

Condolences to the family.

Regards

Doom

Anybody with any knowledge of Mental Health will know full well that it is not a choice! The arrogance and ignorance of some of these comments make me sick! That person must have been in an awful state leading up to the event. It's unbelievable that some of you feel no compassion. Obviously those of you have made such spiteful comments have never had to deal with a mental health issue ( and being in anti-depressants for a couple of months years ago doesn't count!) you have no idea how hard it is to live with unless you've been through it! My thoughts are with this person and his family.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Anyone who is in such a dark place that they take their own life should be pitied - it's not a choice.

My condolences to his family, friends and acquaintances also.

Well said, far too many posters on this forum have no idea what empathy is.

Well I was stuck in the traffic, left work in Barnsley at 8.30pm arrived home at 10.55pm in Wickersley. Would like to thank the police for quick thinking and getting the stuck traffic moved as quick as possible. It shows though how useless the overhead signs are on the M1 from Junction 36 they told us to slow down for an incident why did they not tell us the motorway was closed then the backlog of traffic could have been avoided.

RIP to the person concerned, can never understand why people commit suicide especially in such a way that has a major affect on other people. I imagine if a car had hit the person the driver would need counselling, not nice at all.

Anyway RIP and condolences to the persons family.

Well I was stuck in the traffic, left work in Barnsley at 8.30pm arrived home at 10.55pm in Wickersley. Would like to thank the police for quick thinking and getting the stuck traffic moved as quick as possible. It shows though how useless the overhead signs are on the M1 from Junction 36 they told us to slow down for an incident why did they not tell us the motorway was closed then the backlog of traffic could have been avoided.

RIP to the person concerned, can never understand why people commit suicide especially in such a way that has a major affect on other people. I imagine if a car had hit the person the driver would need counselling, not nice at all.

Anyway RIP and condolences to the persons family.

Because if someone is in such a dark place where they think the only solution is to take their own life then they won't have the ability to consider how their death will affect others such as those who witness the tragedy or how their family will cope.

Many people will have been indirectly affected by this sad event but only by inconvenience to their daily routine. Consider how the loved ones and friends are feeling now and that should put everything in perspective.

Regards

now who's being arrogant and ignorant? not least assumptive.

The overhead signs are completely useless and this is also another example of this