Hagg Hill - parking!

I don't stop going up Hagg Lane,but I am wary of the intentions of traffic coming down from Crosspool after having one belt in front of me towards Bolehills Rd.

Certainly a junction to take with care.

I don't stop going up Hagg Lane,but I am wary of the intentions of traffic coming down from Crosspool after having one belt in front of me towards Bolehills Rd.

Certainly a junction to take with care.

Same here. I also saw a motorcyclist sprawled on the road having slipped turning left onto Hagg Hill in wet conditions.

There is enough room at the bottom a lot of people do park on there. A lot more room than there is on Hagg hill

I'm not sure that it's reasonable to expect people to park illegally at the bottom of the hill, when they can park perfectly legally on the hill.

Well it wasn't when I was learning to drive, you try that if there's a car coming friom the right and you'll be the one paying the bill

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.386406,-1.522057,3a,75y,59.06h,78.35t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1st31SLhLBx-QN49aPdACj-Q!2e0

You won't, the driver that has ignored the stop markings will be paying the bill.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.386406,-1.522057,3a,75y,59.06h,78.35t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1st31SLhLBx-QN49aPdACj-Q!2e0

You won't, the driver that has ignored the stop markings will be paying the bill.

Depends, if you could have stopped but didn't 'because you had right of way' you will be the one paying the bill (or at least part of it).

I, for one, always slow at the bend if there is traffic approaching as I have been cut across in the past forcing me to make an emergency stop. I have also seen cars cross the junction going down the hill without slowing a number of times. Looking ahead and planning for the possible errors of other road users is all part of being a competent driver, if this means slowing, or even stopping if the circumstances warrant, on approach to a junction then so be it.

If anyone following is incapable of doing a hill start or driving slowly up the hill then they should either give back their licence or find an alternative route more in keeping with their limited skills.

jb

Edited by barleycorn