Hagg Hill - parking!

Just a little moan really...why do people park on the steepest part of Hagg Hill just as you turn up from Rivelin Valley Road? It is dangerous and causes traffic to back up. Hagg Hill is a tough hill anyway without having to negotiate parked cars! Perhaps there's only me this bothers but it's certainly not a place I would choose to park my car!

Just a little moan really...why do people park on the steepest part of Hagg Hill just as you turn up from Rivelin Valley Road? It is dangerous and causes traffic to back up. Hagg Hill is a tough hill anyway without having to negotiate parked cars! Perhaps there's only me this bothers but it's certainly not a place I would choose to park my car!

Not nearly as bad as the idiots who think the top of Hagg Hill is a junction and stop there! They need to understand, the if your turning up from Rivelin valley road the top of the Hill is a corner.

Yes that is equally frustrating - getting stuck behind someone who thinks you have to give way - it's a corner for pity's sake! Fortunately I've got an automatic or I would have come a cropper before now!

They probably park at that point as they want to visit somewhere close by eg feeding the horses, allotments or whatever else is there. It's not there fault that you can manage your car properly on a hill

Yes that is equally frustrating - getting stuck behind someone who thinks you have to give way - it's a corner for pity's sake! Fortunately I've got an automatic or I would have come a cropper before now!

I've got a 1L Aygo so very nearly did.

---------- Post added 10-03-2014 at 21:02 ----------

They probably park at that point as they want to visit somewhere close by eg feeding the horses, allotments or whatever else is there. It's not there fault that you can manage your car properly on a hill

"that you can manage your car properly on a hill", if this was a case it wouldn't be an issue. Also you can be the best driver in the world but if you've got a small car your going to come a cropper.

Not nearly as bad as the idiots who think the top of Hagg Hill is a junction and stop there! They need to understand, the if your turning up from Rivelin valley road the top of the Hill is a corner.

Well it wasn't when I was learning to drive, you try that if there's a car coming friom the right and you'll be the one paying the bill

Well it wasn't when I was learning to drive, you try that if there's a car coming friom the right and you'll be the one paying the bill

Nope. The junction is clearly marked. If you are going up Hagg Hill you have right of way at the junction.

---------- Post added 10-03-2014 at 21:14 ----------

"that you can manage your car properly on a hill", if this was a case it wouldn't be an issue. Also you can be the best driver in the world but if you've got a small car your going to come a cropper.

Not true. If you keep moving, a 1L car will easily get up Hagg Hill.

All it takes is a little anticipation and forethought.

Alternatively, drive round by Rivelin Post Office.

You must of learnt to drive along time ago then. Lived in Sheffield a long time never known the top of Hagg Hill being a junction if your coming up from Rivlin valley road

There are pull ins where you could safely park. If I was visiting an allotment etc I would never ever park in such a ridiculous place. I've seen a number of near misses in recent weeks.

If you are driving up Hagg Hill you do have right of way going around the corner. You must give way if you are wanting to go across the top from either side (sorry not sure of road names). The give way lines are clearly marked

There are pull ins where you could safely park. If I was visiting an allotment etc I would never ever park in such a ridiculous place.

What if you were delivering heavy stuff?

Or lots of plants?

Nope. The junction is clearly marked. If you are going up Hagg Hill you have right of way at the junction.

---------- Post added 10-03-2014 at 21:14 ----------

Not true. If you keep moving, a 1L car will easily get up Hagg Hill.

All it takes is a little anticipation and forethought.

Alternatively, drive round by Rivelin Post Office.

No my car easily gets up the Hill but when someone stops right on the top it gets a bit hairy.

No my car easily gets up the Hill but when someone stops right on the top it gets a bit hairy.

It can do, I agree. I always leave a lot of room between my car and the one in front. Then, if they stop, I just slow down until they start again.